Sunday, April 27, 2008
Out of the Mouths of Babes
So, I (Tina here)am the primary chorister at church. I love it! It is one of the best callings EVER, I think. It is amazing to hear their sweet innocent voices singing such beautiful songs full of truth, of Jesus, and of Heavenly Father. It is wonderful! Today we sang Love is spoken here. We haven't sung it since October, but the senior primary blew me away and the spirit was so strong as they sang it...INCREDIBLE! So, these wonderful children are a joy...BUT...you never know what will be coming out of their mouth next. Basically it is the junior primary where this is the case. Sometimes you have to be very careful about what kind of questions you ask. And other times even the simplest question, they will just say what they want to say. Let me share a few of examples. We were learning some song and I asked what a word meant. They all love to raise their hands, so I pick a child and I get responses such as, "I had diarrhea all day last night!" or "my dog died", or "Can we play a game?", or "you look funny", or "I think we should be done with church now"... Some other personal favorites include: The primary president asked how we can obey our parents and one little sunbeam answered, "My daddy says be quiet or he will Thump me...and he Thumps hard!". Then there is the little adorable Korean sunbeam girl that walked up to me in the middle of a song and told me she is fat. Another is when we were working on the song, "IF the savior stood beside me" I asked what they would do if the savior was right here with us. I got some beautiful answers and then there was the one, "I think I would tell him to help me clean my room, then we could watch a cartoon together." They are so fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
sorry, my last one didn't work!
anyways, here it is again.
This post made me laugh so hard I had to hold my bladder. This is the best comic relief of the week (much needed at our house) We miss you guys sooooo much and we cant wait to see you.
love,
sis, david, lincoln daniel, and Hal
Sounds like a really fun calling! Little kids say hilarious stuff sometimes.
I love it. Do you remember watching that movie, "Out of the Mouths of Babes" at your house in high school?
Such cute comments. It's funny because it doesn't stop when they graduate from primary. Byron and I team teach the 14 yr olds gospel doctrine class and I would say some of their comments to our questions sound a lot like what you have been encountering! And when one starts...man...they all have a story to tell. Sometimes I don't even want to go on with the lesson...I would rather sit their and listen to their funny and interesting stories.
Hey Tina and Dan... I love this blogging stuff there are so many people on here! Check out our blog when you get a moment. :-)
bradlydeannacrysler@blogspot.com
Hope things are good with you!
Korean Kids are great ^^ wait... maybe not so great like 'well behaved'... but they are cute.
Post a Comment