Saturday, April 19, 2008

When Life is in Limbo - Find the Fun!


For our entire married life (of 3 years now) we have been in school. And although it is a wonderful time full of opportunities, learning, and growth it is also a time of limbo. Life is measured by quarters, not seasons or events. There is always the waiting...waiting for the next quarter, for the next school year, for midterms, for finals, for grades, for relief...for GRADUATION...the list goes on. All this waiting creates more waiting while some aspects of life are put on hold until school is done...is it ever done? Well, it will be soon (at least for now). We are both graduating in June. June 13th, 2008 to be exact. We cannot express our excitement enough and yet it just isn't coming fast enough. But even the end of school is not the end of our limbo. New forms of waiting are emerging. Waiting for job interviews, job offers, State board exams, testing, living situations, and more. Limbo can be a hard and stressful time, it can try to suck the life out of you. It can leave you always wanting more, and tries to not let you be satisfied with the life you have now. That is where Finding the Fun comes in!

One article that has always impressed me was by President Monson who had an article in the 2003 Ensign and agian this month called, "In Search of Treasure" He talked about learning from our past, preparing for our futures, and living in the present.

"Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today. Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it. Professor Harold Hill, in Meredith Willson’s The Music Man, cautioned: “You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.” There is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today, and to live most fully today, we must do that which is of greatest importance."

So make sure you tell your loved ones you love them, have fun, take time to relax, take time to smell those flowers, laugh, cry, and find the Joy in Your Journey!

We Will!!!









6 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

ooooooooh, you guys are awesome. We still think about you everytime we sing, "My name is Jow," in our bed. No labor yet, but anytime! We miss you.
'love you
sis and david and lincoln and almost a henry

Megs said...

I really appreciated the message of this post--advice I try to remember every day!

Dan Brewer said...

Who can ask for a better wife? I love you sweetheart- you're the are the most patient, forgiving and loving person I know. You make me better.

Blackberry Bratt said...

Wow...what a beautiful family you have! I love all the pictures and I am so excited for your both to graduate and start new adventures. I will be certain to check back lots for updates...and I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I watch the news...maybe you'll be doing another impromptu appearance!

Love Jenn (Sister Sam)

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful, well-written, expressive prose. Nicely done. And I also want to add that whatever song was playing was the perfect soundtrack to this particular post.

Love you!

Brew Crew said...

Okay...you two are some of Dad's and my best friends. We love hanging out with you two and spending time together. Doesn't matter what we're doing, as long as we are with you two...it is always fun. Hugs and Kisses. Mooks