Monday, October 20, 2008

A Bad Baby Hungry Week

So, this week has been just insane. It seems like so many people around me are having babies or are pregnant or whatever. It seems like babies have come out of the woodwork this week and are EVERYWHERE. Then Dan and I made the mistake of watching "Baby Mama" which was cute and funny and a little weird, but I could totally relate to the main character at the beginning of the movie where she sees babies everywhere. AND we watched "Waitress" which I liked, but is also a little weird and I cried when she held her baby the first time. So, here I am baby hungry and then yesterday I get put in Nursery at church to substitute for the girl who had her baby this weekend. Nursery is where the 18 month to 3 year olds go during the last 2 hours of church (they play, have snack time, have a VERY short lesson, sing, and play some more). The first 5-10 minutes were nothing but screaming and crying babies and trying to keep them from getting their fingers caught in the door as parents drop their kids off and all the others are clawing at the door, screaming bloody murder (as if I had personally ripped them out of their mother's arms). I tell you, there is nothing like 2 hours of toddlers to make you doubt any possibility of future mothering skills.

11 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

okay, so I am sitting at my computer crying for you and laughing with you. About Nursery--don't doubt your mothering skills, you probably won't ever have 10 kids,the same age, acting the same way at the same time....Baby hungry--that's a hard one. WE love you and pray for you and have confidence that you will be an exceptional mother. We love you.

Rachael said...

Ugh... nursery and baby hunger. World's worst/best combination (I was put in the nursery right around the time we started fertility treatments- sometimes you have to wonder about inspiration vs. desperation, you know?).

I think you'd be a wonderful mother, and any child would be blessed to be in your home.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hmm...no babies for you yet, Miss Dinosaur Baby? ;-)

Nursery is TOUGH. Our leaders are saints. My daughter goes in there and screams for the first five minutes, and then sits on one of the leader's laps and watches the kids play for the next two hours. It's better than it used to be!

LunaMoonbeam said...

If you ever get REALLY baby hungry, I'll ship you one...cure you right up! ;-)

Melissa said...

Nursery and teaching primary can make anyone question their mothering skills...don't worry it's not the same.
You will be an awesome mom. I'm excited for you guys to have a family of your own someday. And then move back to Washington so we can live in North Bend and have our kiddos play together...(remember our scheming? :)

Megs said...

Right now I'm the culprit in my ward getting everyone baby hungry with my insanely cute baby boy! I loved that movie Waitress--thought it was hilarious if not a little irreverent!

Maria said...

I know how it feels to want to have a baby of your own to hold and love. You will be a wonderful mother! I know it!!

DaeSung said...

In my vast experince with babies... um okay so I don't have much experince at all... I have come to the conclution that your baby, is very different from someone elses baby. Oh, and no worries about baby taking care of skills, you'll do fine. It just all works out. You'll have lots of fun.

lauriebulson said...

Well you are not the only one who is thinking about babies. Victoria and I were at Aeropostle this last week and they had some shirts on sale in the back that were cute and looked like they had some extra room so I bought them. Only 3 bucks each! I showed them to Jay and he thinks I am a little premature. I said they could go either way because that is the style.

lauriebulson said...

Oh, and the shirts were not for me! Duh! I am trying to get away from having to use shirts with extra space.

Jaush and Amy said...

Nursery! Yaaaahhhhh, we do that every sunday with one other couple and 17-22 kids depending on the week. Dont ever think that it is close to anything close to motherhood, it more closely resembles being a daycare or kindergarten teacher, so stay away from those and you are A-OK. Plus you will be an awesome mother!