Our Branch at church had a Halloween Trunk-r-treat party. It was great! There was soup and bread for all to enjoy and even a little fireplace to help keep everyone warm since we are having a freakishly cold few days (like in the40's and 50's) Which we have heard NEVER happens here until about January. "A freak cold spell" is what I heard it called last night. It should be warming up again soon, but for last night I was glad because it actually made it feel like fall and Halloween with bundling up and eating soup. I loved it. A family in the branch had quite a lot of open property so all the cars could park in a circle with their trunks facing the middle. Some trunks were very ornately decorated while others just sat at their trunk and handed out candy.
There were also 3 golf carts that would escort people out to the "Haunted Walk". Now, as I have gotten older I have come to realize that I HATE things that jump out at me. And I don't HAVE to put myself through it anymore - not that I ever HAD to before, but I guess I thought I HAD to try everything...or something. So, I wasn't going to go, but somehow I felt like I HAD to see all the work some of the youth and other adults put into it so we went. As soon as we got dropped off by the golf cart I knew I had made a mistake. It really wasn't scary, but for me even just walking through the dark WAITING to be scared made me scared enough. There was one time when Dan said someone was standing nearby. I didn't see it. I squinted and squinted, but still didn't see it so I didn't believe him, but sure enough as we started walking again it came to life and boo'd at me and I screamed...of course. That was when I knew I was done and we caught the next golf cart out of there.
The trunk-r-treating was fun. The kids were all cute. Dan and I had fun planning our costumes and trunk. We went the economical route. Black duct tape is AWESOME! I went as the Queen Bee and Dan was my worker bee. You could tell we were one of the only people there without kids because we were one of the only adults there that were both dressed up, matching, AND had a decorated trunk. People kept saying Dan was a good sport...as if I threatened him if he didn't participate in my scheming to dress him like a bee or something...nothing wrong with creativity (on both parts) and dressing up now and then. :O)






10 comments:
I love it! Matt and I dressed up every year too! I think it is so much more fun.
Too cute! I really want to have a whole family costume theme going one of these years... so far it hasn't happened. I love your creativity with the duct tape!
Cute costumes! Our Trunk-or-Treat was last night, and I was among the lame non-decorated trunk people, but my kids were dressed up, which is enough work in itself. I dressed as my teenage self (my old letterman jacket came in handy), and Chad made an appearance as officer Wallace (on his dinner break). One of these years our family will all have cute coordinated costumes like yours!
How Fun! You two are so cute and creative! I'm curious how your life as a nurse is going. Have you started working yet?
I love you guys! We are all going to be batman at the Trunk-or-TReat tonight....if we can get Lincoln to wear his costume...WE love you so much. Bzzzzzz
I coordinated my kids costumes... but didn't get to me. I always want to be malificent from sleeping beauty... maybe some year... i looked at it is 90bucks! I love how you guys made cute, thrifty costumes! Maybe I will try that next year... and FYI My Husband (I forget you know Graham... how funny) would NEVER dress up matching.
Awesome costumes, you are so creative! I loved your car too. Reagan's costume was store bought, no way could I make something that cute!
Tina & Dan, That is ADORABLE! I loved Tina's hair and Dan's Worker Bee belt. Your car was AWESOME! It's a good Idea to email us when you update your blog.♥ you. Vicky Chicky
UGGGh I just left a comment! AND IT DIDN'T SHOW UP! Any way I loved you hair Tina! And I loved Dan's tool belt and hammer! It's a really good Idea to email us when you update your blog. I miss you a BUNCH! ♥ Vicky Chicky
i love how creative you were with yours and dan's costume! my little guy was a tiger and i wanted to be a "cat" with him, so i dressed in black and used makeup and all i had to get were cat ears and DONE! i liked your car for trunk-or-treating! our ward didn't have a halloween party so i'm jealous! looks like fun! i love halloween!
Post a Comment