...Well, it feels like I am reading a book with really small print and cannot put it down while sitting up straight in the front seat of a car with large windows and the car is driving very fast up a VERY windy road with tall trees on each side whipping by and sunlight shooting through the branches sporadically and moving across the page of tiny words I am reading...all the time...oh, and a bad metal taste in my mouth.
LUCKILY, I have an awesome boss that lets me come in late and leave early everyday now (9:30-2:00 is awesome!) - its just enough to keep me distracted on how I feel and keep me a little active, because by the time I get home all I can do is veg., sleep, and eat (or at least constantly think about what I'll eat next that doesn't sound too gross). Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who has been doing ALL the cleaning and cooking - I can hardly take a step into the kitchen. I can't stand and yet I am totally obsessed with food. It is a fine balance between being too full or too hungry - each of which will induce increased nausea if allowed to develop. I can't wait for the day I can eat as much as I want whenever I want! THAT will be a day to celebrate!

ADDENDUM: I am aware of anti-nausea drugs and I did discuss them with my doctor - I have made a personal decision that I am not satisfied with the research that has been done that I have had access to and my doctor is not a huge advocate unless the nausea/vomiting is harmful to the baby. AND since my Morning sickness no longer/rarely includes actually vomiting and I am no longer LOSING weight we decided to wait it out and try a few more natural methods first - which seem to be working just fine most of the time. If I complain too much on my blog I apologize - it usually happens on the more unpleasant of days. That doesn't mean I don't think there is a time and place for the medication for certain women - some women need it to even function, I am still functional and ultimately still healthy - for which I am VERY grateful!
6 comments:
I am so sorry!!!!! I hope this part ends soon!!
You know, there are anti-nausea drugs out in case you want them!
Your post made me giggle Tiny! We love you, and we are so sad you can't go in your "k" word at home. I am so so so so excited at the end result of this icky sticky time. We love you.
brandi
I totally get it! I had a really rough period at first. The only things that helped were eating the right things constantly (to get that perfect half-full tummy you referred to), eating something before I even stood up on the morning (Chad would get me toast, or I'd put something by the bed the night before), and I started taking B6, which may have helped, but it's hard to say. Good luck!
This is a bitter/sweet experience. I for one am saddened by your sickness (obviously) but elated by the final product which undoubtedly will be the cutest little bundle of joy. And just in case you were wondering...I am as excited about this baby's birth as I was with Lincoln and each of the grandchildren thereafter. I am looking forward to brown curls so do your best to present me with that on request. Love, Mooks
Post a Comment