Friday, July 10, 2009

Catch-Up Road-Trips: Tuscon and New Mexico

TUSCON, AZ
Well, we added two more major road trips recently and I never did share pics (not that I took very many - in fact I was horrible about taking pictures - but that just means I had a great time!). Over memorial weekend we made a mad-dash trip to Tucson, AZ with a friend/coworker of Dan's. Turns out we were pregnant at the time which explains the frequent bathroom breaks and insane amount of sleeping. The majority of the driving was spent sleeping on my end.

We drove late into the night on Friday after work and stopped at a KOA for some sleep. It was great until about 3 am when other campers showed up and set there tent up litterally 3 feet from ours and were SO loud in the process and had their car lights glaring right at our tent. It wasn't until about 4:30 that they started to quiet down. We were up at about 6:30-7 getting ready to go and Dan and his friend took full advantage of our breaking camp to share the joy (noise) our neighbors so thoughtfully shared with us just a few hours earlier. Even when backing the car out of the site Dan shouted out the window to make sure our car was making the "SHARP LEFT, SHARP LEFT" it needed to exit the camp site.

On we drove until we reached Tucson and dropped our friend off with his friends. We got to spend the rest of the day and part of the next visiting wonderful family and friends. It wasn't much time, but it was well worth it and we loved every moment. We were happy to see Brandi,David and the babies and share in the wonder which is Eegees! We also got some fun pool and visiting time with Megan and her little babies! We even got to spend time with Renee and Josh and there sweet babies - my only regret was no pictures of those sweethearts!

We had a great trip and we were happy we went.




NEW MEXICO: Brewer Family Reunion
Over the 4th of July Weekend we took another trip out toward Gallup, New Mexico for the annual Brewer Family Reunion - this would be my first with this side of the family. On the way there we split the trip and stayed a night in Amarillo, TX. Then on to probably one of the most beautiful spots of land I've seen in a LONG time - it almost didn't look like the New Mexico that surrounded it - more like Washington state. It was beautiful. We all stayed at the "It'l Do Ranch" - an extended family member owns it. Everyone did the camping thing except Dan and I and one other couple - we got actual beds and rooms in a trailer (priority given to expecting and new mothers) and thank goodness for that! I think it really helped me enjoy the time there more since I was able to take good comfortable naps when I needed to. We had a blast visiting and meeting new family. There were a TON of little kids EVERYWHERE! It was great! Dan even put together a little treasure hunt for all the little kiddos with tons of toys he bought at the dollar store. They loved it. The highlights were spending time with family, and celebrating Grandpa Brewer's 80th birthday. The food was actually great and I was so appreciative of all the hardwork and all those who helped with it - I was of very little help myself. It was a great weekend and over all too quickly, but we were glad to make the trip.A beautiful New Mexico View
Deer and Elk are everywhere out here - we were in the middle of NO WHERE!It'L Do RanchI look a little worse for the wear but we had a relaxing time in this beautiful place!I caught one of him smiling!Isn't she just a cutie?!The gathering spot.Dan and Jack.Dan and Grandpa Brewer. In Canon's words, "hey great-grandpa Brewer"The kiddo's treasure hunt that Dan put together.

I wish I'd taken more pictures...

No comments: