What would Mrs. Santa Claus say?
If Mrs. Santa Clause had a message to give to a group of women before/about/or regarding something Christmas what do you think it would be? It can be spiritual, funny, or helpful tips.
What do you think she would want to tell women who are mothers, not mothers, old, young,
married, unmarried, working, not working...all women?
What would she want women to know?

8 comments:
The simpler, the better: babies always love the box it came it, imagination-using toys beat the toys that only do one thing (that dumb big foot monster toy, for example- what the heck?), and a one well thought out gift beats a whole bunch of generic gifts any day.
Santa's workshop runs all year long- breaking down goals into small pieces over a longer period of time beats rushing through it all in one month.
we rarely remember the gifts of Christmas- we remember the time wth family, and the feelings of the holidays. Not meaning to sound really redundant, we remember the memories we make- whether we plan to spend the holidays with friends and family and enjoying the spirit of the season, or whether we choose to let it rush us, pressure us, and make us miserable to be around
Check out the book hundred dollar holiday- it's got a great message and lots of food for thought!
Focus on the best things about Christmas like decorating the house, sipping cocoa by the fire, singing songs, acting out the nativity, making goodies with the kids for neighbors, etc.
Shopping ruins the season. Get it all figured out early and then relax.
I agree with the comment about Santa's workshop running all year- that how our Santa does it :)
Advice from Mrs. Claus... :)
I don't know who decided that my husband's belly should shake like a bowl full of jelly, but ladies you understand... please put out fat-free cookies for Santa.
My husband works hard to make sure each child has the perfect gift and that effort is often wasted when children receive so many gifts from their parents. Remember that the fewer gifts your child receives the more special those gifts will be.
Most people don't know that I used to be the one in charge of Christmas. It was exhausting so with some careful training I was able to slowly turn Christmas over to my husband. Now, I get to relax during the busy holiday season. Sure, I make cookies here and there and help the elves on occasion, but take my advice ladies... train your husband to do all the work and if you're as good as I was, he won't even know you're doing it!
Less is more. Sweet, simple traditions will make your Christmases more magical and memorable.
I completely forgot until today- There's a book out there, Santa's Secret Helper or something like that that shows how Mrs. Claus does half the work on Christmas night. It's pretty cute!
Tina-Thanks for all your fun comments on our blog. It is fun to hear from you. I can't believe your little girl is already 9 months old. She is sure a cutie. It looks like you guys are really happy and I'm glad for that. It's fun that we can see what our families are up to even being so far away. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. I hope you have great Holidays too, as they are coming up. Enjoy the wonders of parenthood. I assume they are crazy for you, as they are for us too. They are wonderful though. Take care!
I'm looking at your picture of Mrs. Claus and I'm wondering now if when you get really old do your hair and eye brows turn white, but your eye lashes stay black? Or is she wearing eyeliner/whatever-you use-on-eyelashes? And if so, do they make white eyeliner/whatever-you use-on-eyelashes so that all your hair on your face and head match?
Actually I was watching TV tonight and seeing all the ads for Black Friday and wondering what God thinks of all this mayhem and chaos that we have created and called it "The Holidays". That said, I usually do go out on Black Friday to save a little money. I think a lot of the characteristics people associate with Santa originate from God... (sees you when you're sleeping, knows if you're awake, knows if you've been bad or good, gives us good gifts, passes judgement (bad or good, nice or naughty), loves the children, etc.)Anyway, I think God, Mrs. Claus, or Santa Claus, as other people have said would want us to enjoy the time with our family and friends, to not worry so much about the gifts, and to relax. We, as women, carry so much of the burden to make our holiday season perfect for our families, that we usually end up dreading the season. For us, it is filled with anxiety. Sometimes well enough is good enough. Our holiday dinners do not have to be perfect, our Christmas Cards aren't going to get out every year, sometimes we just can't afford everything our kids/spouses/family wants for Christmas. The most important thing is that the spirit is felt in our homes, I think that's hard when we are anxiety ridden. So put your feet up drink some hot cocoa and don't take this holiday season so seriously. :)
PS I am borrowing this for my blog, if that's okay.
Post a Comment