Hello. My name is Tina and it has been three and a half months since my last post.
Yes, I have taken a little...
vacation/hiatus/reprieve/pause/break/recess/
whatever you want to call it when I wasn't here
vacation/hiatus/reprieve/pause/break/recess/
whatever you want to call it when I wasn't here
...from the blogging world. The reasons are many, but ultimately it was time to find some balance in my life and something had to go. That something happened to be blogging and facebook. I realized I was spending way too much time checking, rechecking, and checking one more time for good measure too many blogs, profiles, and status updates multiple times a day. Meanwhile, a new home was waiting to be unpacked, a toddler was emerging, I was suffering from blog block, I was entering a food funk (of which I am still in but working on - more to come later), and all of life's other desires, demands, and responsibilities were calling for my attention. And yet, I continually found myself in front of my computer. I realized it was easier to be there than in my real life and I did NOT like that realization! I did NOT want that. So, I stepped away (not entirely, but pretty close) and am returning with new rules, perspective, and expectations of myself.
I still have not found a perfect balance in my life, but I doubt anyone ever does. I think life is a constant juggling act where the juggled balls are constantly shifting in importance and new balls are added and dropped occasionally. Right now I feel as if I have hands, feet, and head all in the mix and I am looking pretty ridiculous, but the important thing is that I am finding joy in my real-time life and am looking forward to sharing with you all again about those joys, adventures, challenges, and much MUCH more. There are no guarantees of how often or how much I will be blogging, but for now...Its good to be back!
I still have not found a perfect balance in my life, but I doubt anyone ever does. I think life is a constant juggling act where the juggled balls are constantly shifting in importance and new balls are added and dropped occasionally. Right now I feel as if I have hands, feet, and head all in the mix and I am looking pretty ridiculous, but the important thing is that I am finding joy in my real-time life and am looking forward to sharing with you all again about those joys, adventures, challenges, and much MUCH more. There are no guarantees of how often or how much I will be blogging, but for now...Its good to be back!
6 comments:
I'm glad you're back! Though your reasons for taking a break are completely understandable. I love how you described your juggling act and looking ridiculous- I don't think I've ever NOT felt that way :) Someday I'll get it all figured out- and that day will be when all the kids have left home and my newfound knowledge will do them no good ;) I love the new look of your blog and am very much looking forward to any updates you post about your sweet family :)
Welcome back, hon. The balance...I find it day by day. Good luck, and have a great night!!
Glad to see a post. I am glad you are finding balance and prioritizing. We all need to do that...monthly.
Welcome back! You were missed. :) Good luck finding the balance.
I totally understand! I'm still working on fitting it all in!..For now I'm just checking blogs every now and again but I think I'll make a comeback here pretty soon too!! I'm just happy to know that you are doing good and enjoying life :0)
I think EVERY Mom/women feels the same way. For me it is a constant battle! Good luck.
Post a Comment