Tuesday, May 15, 2012

INTRODUCING...

James Jay-Louis Brewer

Born Tuesday
April 3, 2012
at 12:14 am
weighing in at
6 lbs 12 oz
and 19 3/4 in. long

It has taken me six weeks to update here on the blog, but we are absolutely thrilled to welcome our little man into our family. He is so perfect and we are SO in love.  He makes our family feel more complete and we love being all together.  He is a little snuggler and LOVES to be held.  He is not too much of a crier, but he is definitely a grunter and growler.  It is so funny to hear.  He is a great and fast nurser and growing SO fast.  He is quite tall for a Brewer or Bulson so we'll see if he keeps that up or if that slows down.  He is becoming a great night sleeper and I can usually get a chunk of 3 1/2 - 4 or even 5 hours of sleep. Which makes for an easier day with him and our busy miss Charlie-Marie.

Charlie LOVES her little brother and has been SO good with him.  She loves to kiss him, give him toys, and talk to him.  She enjoys introducing him and it is so cute because she can't just say it straight, it always sounds like her voice is going over a hill as she says "Baby Jaaaaaames".  I was worried about some aggression, but she has been great.  She slips into meltdowns a little faster than she used to, but overall she has taken very well to the transition.  She is a big helper.  She helps me get ready to change his diapers by getting a diaper and wipes then she throws the dirty diaper away.  She loves helping out with it most of the time.  Yesterday we were at my doctor's office and my doctor was holding James and showing him off to the rest of the office and Charlie followed her around watching her like a hawk.  Being the little guardian she told the doctor, "Careful doctor Graham, careful!  I watch you" (said with the "r" sounding like a "w".

Dan and I are transitioning as well as expected with the inherent sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn.  I think I would say in many ways going from one child to two is much easier than I anticipated.  I think because I kind of know what to expect this time around.  Not everything is new and unknown.  In that way it was much easier than going from zero to one.  It isn't nearly as stressful.  HOWEVER, it is challenging getting Charlie out of the house and keeping her busy and happy while nursing every 2-3 hours.  She has learned that she has a few extra moments to make a mess or try and get away with something if I am sitting on the couch nursing.  She knows I can't put a stop to it as fast as I did before.  Little sweet stinker girl!  :O)

Well, I hope to get the BIRTH-day story posted pretty soon for those who are interested.  In the meantime, enjoy some little James tidbits...


6 comments:

Kari said...

Congratulations! I love the newborn stage, they are so sweet and tiny. What a cutie!

Megs said...

He's so sweet! I'm so happy for you guys.

Colleen said...

Congratulations! He is so cute.

J said...

Precious!!

Mallory Stoker said...

Congrats. He is adorable!

Camari said...

All those pictures are quite adorable...but the one of James curled up under that gorgeous crochet blanket is hands down - my absolute favorite!!! That blanket is beautiful! The stitching is perfect! Simply perfection! That is what it is! Amazing! Whoever made that has got talent!!!



Oh yeah, and James is pretty cute too! ;)
(whoever made him, has got some serious talent!)