Friday, July 24, 2009

14 Week Update

Well, I'm officially done and out of the first trimester. Secretly I was hoping that the Day of week 14 would be the day I felt completely normal again. Normal may never come but there have been some improvements. I feel like my energy is slowly returning bit by bit, there is a sort of "fog" that seems to be lifting from around my brain, and the nausea has gone down significantly. I still have my moments of gagging and still have VERY strong food aversions to...just about everything, but I'm hopeful. The other night we went to Olive Garden to celebrate 3 months. It turned out to be the first successful restaurant visit since the "ickiness" set in. We were sitting waiting for our food and eating our salad and bread sticks (which were actually tasting wonderful). I told Dan this was so wonderful I wanted to cry and my eyes actually started to tear up . It just felt good to eat and enjoy. Unfortunately I haven't been able to repeat that night, but I am hopeful it will come again!

Baby is doing great with a strong as ever heartbeat which was much easier for my Doctor to find this time. Everything seems to be going well. I still have not been gaining weight and my Doctor says I should start within the next couple of weeks. She encourages me to drink Ensure (alone or in a milkshake - which ever is more tolerable) which can be pretty gross at times.

As for a baby bump. I definitely can tell there is some growing going on - some of my pants hurt to have the last button done so I've been sticking to my low loose jeans lately. I am including my "baby bump picture" but many may say it really isn't a bump. Most of what is visible isn't actually baby bump but a cushion that I've developed since I got pregnant. NOBODY would guess I was pregnant right now, and it will probably remain that way for a while.

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

Congrats on making it out of the "Danger Zone." I suspect that you'll be one of those women that don't even show until the last trimester since you're so skinny and small boned. Good luck with the Ensure drinks. Actually I've acquired a taste for them and sometimes live on them as a crazy busy mother of three.

Megs said...

Yum, Ensure. I say, whatever you can keep down, go with that. And make sure you're at least getting your vitamins--I never could stomach the iron, so I just stick with Calcium with D, folic acid, and B12. Take care of yourself! I'll expect more ultrasound pictures in another month or two to confirm we're both having boys so close in age! (14 weeks is technically not too early to tell--all major parts are formed by that time!)

See Mack Snow said...

I love your baby updates. I'm excited to see your bump in a couple weeks!