Friday, July 10, 2009

First Baby Pictues!

Almost 6 weeks ago we got to have our first ultrasound. Unfortunately the experience was not the most pleasent of experiences due to the possible reason for the early sonogram AND to the technition with the worst bedside manner and conversation skills EVER! Fortunately, everything was good. The baby was where it should be and we got a little picture of the peanut - I even got to see a little heart beating - but you really couldn't see much else and there was no movment. (the picture below was this appointment)
So, imagine our surprise when we returned for our second sonogram and got the following pictures! It was amazing and Dan got to be there. Suddenly everything seems just a little more real - that I don't just have bad gas or the flu but there is actually a baby (and it actually looks more baby than alien) in there kicking, turning, and moving away. It is definitely a little Dan with all its moving (it never stopped!)
A perfect little leg and foot. It was so funny to see it crossing its legs, tapping its feet, and kicking. This baby is a MOVER! The technition said, "Just wait until you can feel all of this!"

The baby's hand and fingers were waving in this shot - it was so funny. It also liked putting its hands between its legs and sometimes looked like it was lounging with one head behind its head - enjoy the room while you have it baby! We even got a thumbs up at one point.

Baby Brewer Profile. I think it has my nose and Dan's mouth. :O)


The arrow is pointing to a little start of something - still too early to tell if its a boy or girl though.

A good spine shot and if it was a video you would see a 4 chamber heart beating away healthy and strong at 162 bpm.

I apologize if this is baby overload or something, but We are just thrilled and want to share the excitedment. It really was an amazing experience and it makes are the uncomfortable parts of pregnancy worth it!

8 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

oh my gosh! that is so exciting! we love you guys!

Jen said...

YAY! How fun! There can never be baby overload because each time is such a miracle. Hope you start feeling better soon. It must be so hard to be sick! Can't wait to find out the gender!

SSToone said...

That is very exciting! Keep posting away! In 4 weeks you can find out the gender if your OB does that! Congrats!

Rachael said...

That is so exciting! I'm glad everything is good, too!

PS- I bet boy. "They" say they've got the heart rates above 155. It worked for us.

maegan said...

OH WOW! That is amazing! Certainly not baby overload...no such thing! Congrats congrats congrats you two.

J said...

Oh, that is so much fun. I can remember the thrill of my first ultrasound more than nine years ago. Good luck with all of the yucky stuff!!

Renee Richins said...

So cute! I love anything about babies, so post away. It is so amazing to get a little glimpse of the baby while it is still growing. Makes it easier to feel even closer to the baby in a way. Glad to hear everything is going well so far with the pregnancy. Let us know when you find out the sex of the baby.

Melissa said...

Tina, I am so excited for you! I talked to your mother-in-law yesterday (we are in the same ward now) and we were talking about how exciting it is that you are going to be a mommy





1