Monday, October 12, 2009

Dan Made It Monday: Banana Boat

Me: I need something...
Dan: What do you need?
Me: I'm not sure...
Dan: Like what...food?
Me: I think so...something yummy...refreshing, but sweet...I think
Dan: Ok (and off to the kitchen he goes to make a wonderfully delightful treat!)

It was DELICIOSO!!! And don't you love Dan's plate presentation? You really could use a variety of things to make this treat fun or more fitted to your preferences. I thought you could use caramel or fruit syrups, graham crackers broken up, marshmallows, fruit, really anything your creative mind and taste buds can come up with! The only unfortunate thing about the dish is that although I loved every bite of it I payed for it later. I'm still not really able to do much chocolate so I was a little uncomfortable AND felt a little crazy/out of control - why does chocolate only NOW do this to me?

Dan's Banana Boat
1 Banana (our was slightly green because that is how I like my bananas)
chocolate syrup
white chocolate chips
whip cream

~ Leaving the banana in the peel, cut down the center and halfway through the banana and slightly loosen banana from sides of peel.
~ Add toppings as desired - we drizzled just a little chocolate syrup into the cut of the banana then topped with some white chocolate chips we had.
~ Wrap in aluminum foil and place in oven on broil
~ Check periodically, but it really doesn't take long for chocolate to melt and the edge of the banana peel to start burning so be attentive.
~ Unwrap and Enjoy! We put whip cream on top and it kind of melted into the mix - SO YUMMY!!!

4 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Mmm...it's been SO long since I've had a banana boat!!!! Yummy.

Graham said...

Aren't husbands great? I have had that with mini chocolate chips and marshmellows... so good!

lauriebulson said...

Fun! Too bad about the chocolate!

See Mack Snow said...

Oh, Tina, I AM WITH YOU. Dan is brilliant. I was introduced to banana boats at a campfire a year ago and, um, it was one of the top 10 moments of my entire life.