This recipe is super easy and really VERY tasty! It's been in my recipe book since on of my bridal showers where people brought family favorite recipes - this was from Kate Epperson. I've been wanting to try it forever, but always thought it sounded just a little odd. But now that we've tried it we will definitely have it again. Hawaiian Chili
1 lb Hamburger (we used ground Turkey)
3 cans chili style beans (I only had 2 so I used kidney beans for the 3rd)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (We used honey BBQ sauce)
Cooked Rice
~ Brown Hamburger and drain.
~ Add beans, tomatoes and BBQ sauce.
~ Simmer 10 minutes
~ Serve over rice and sprinkle with brown sugar on top if desired (this did add to the dish)
1 comment:
It sounds good. I think I will have to try it when Graham is not around. He doesn't like beans! lol. What kind of a Texan doesn't like beans? ;)
Post a Comment