Friday, November 27, 2009

Today was a nice day!

I loved today. It was hard to beat last nights wonderful turkey dinner (I downed two large platefuls of food twice before everyone else was done with their first), but today was good. I woke up after 7 solid hours of sleep - no waking to get comfortable again - no waking to go to the bathroom (I must have been beyond exhausted)- and no waking when Dan got up early to go hunting. I woke rested and refreshed up to the morning sun shining through the blinds. I had a great breakfast, checked some email, had my 2nd breakfast and got ready for the day. I then drove to Michaels where the store was busy, but not crowded and the only time there was no line was when I was ready to check-out - absolutely no wait. AND I got amazing deals. Unfortunately, Michaels didn't have everything I needed so I headed to Joanne Fabrics (a much further drive but the sun was out and the ocean was so blue and clear AND I listened to CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!). They had exactly what I needed and although it was more crowded than Michaels everyone was very pleasant, and when I checked out - the line was super short. And again got some amazing deals! I got home and Dan was home from hunting. He made us Turkey sandwiches (on the delicious dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, turkey and all from yesterday) we watched a little show on the computer then Dan took a nap and I played around with some of my crafts and picked up the house a little. Later, the Sister missionaries came over and helped us put a border up in the baby's room that I LOVE! (Pictures to come later). Then we went to dinner with some friends for one of their birthdays - had amazing food and a great time, came home and snuggled and talked with Dan. Now he is asleep in bed and I am remembering my wonderful day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That does sound like a wonderful day. I love days like that; nothing spectacular, but just a really good day.

J said...

I love great days. I am glad you didn't get stuck in long lines. I was surprised when I went into Wal-Mart for some diapers and there weren't long lines. Maybe that is bad news for the economy or just good news for me.

I am excited to see what comes of the pomegranate challenge. I love that fruit.