Monday, March 22, 2010

I Made it Monday: Baby Afghan

As soon as we found out we were having a girl I wanted to crochet an afghan for her.  I wanted to make something soft and warm I would be able to snuggle her in.  I followed a pattern called the basket weave.  If you can see there are little boxes of lines alternating vertical and horizontal.  It was a lot of fun to make.  For some reason the border from the pattern made absolutely no sense and no matter how I tried it never turned out the way it was supposed to.  I did the exact same thing all around it but still one end of the blanket is straight while the other is kind of wavey/frilly.  I will probably never have a perfect crocheted piece, but I think I still love it for its imperfections. This is how it turned out...

4 comments:

Rachael said...

It's so sweet! Isn't nice that these blankets get wrapped around little ones so no one else wil see what bothers us about them?

J said...

Good job. You make we want to pick up crocheting again. I almost finished a baby blanket once :)

mel nielson said...

The colors are great... the pattern shows really well in the beach picture. I'm impressed!

david and crystal said...

Good work on the blanket! That looks like a lot of work! She looks so angelic!