Thursday, July 8, 2010

A little bit of this and that

Wow, I have not been much of a blogger lately. Dan is currently working nights which has been challenging in many ways, but we are getting through it. In the last month I have been up to this and that. Mostly I have been happily distracted by
THIS:
And we also had some of a much needed
THIS:
In order to keep my Florida nursing licence I have been doing some of
THIS:
And I also got to see
THIS:
And I've also been going through
THIS:
(allergy skin testing - NOT my back!)
and THAT:
to find out I am a very allergic person. Some allergies I knew about others I didn't.
So I am trying to not eat any of
THIS:
THIS:
or THIS:
which is much harder than I thought it would be.

7 comments:

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Yikes! Those are some tough allergies. If you are allergic to gluten and looking for some recipes, my friend has some good ones on her blog: yeagleyspawn.blogspot.com. Good luck!

Megs said...

I'm so sorry about your allergies! Love the picture of Charlie Marie.

Cam and Mary said...

Ugh, nights are so hard! It's hard when your hubby is home, but he needs to sleep so you have to pretend that he's not there and try to be quiet! I wish we didn't live on opposite sides of town! If you ever want to meet up somewhere though, just let me know!

Amy Nielson said...

i've always kinda wanted to have allergy testing just so i'd know, but i'm afraid i'd find out i'm allergic to this stuff and i'd have to cut out some of my favorite foods! i suppose it's a blessing and a curse, huh?

charlie marie is getting so big! the first thing i noticed in that picture of her on the couch is how high she's holding her head up. what a big girl :)

mel nielson said...

Those allergies sound like a major bummer but I'm pretty sure you'll be great at finding some tasty recipes... time to start "I Made It Monday" again! :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hooray for visiting family! And BOO on allergies. :-( One of my best friends, growing up, was allergic to dairy and wheat. We had quite a bit of fun coming up with treats that she could enjoy. ;-)

If you subscribe to the blog Serious Eats (www.SeriousEats.com), they have just started up a Gluten Free column. there's a new recipe every week, and they look delish! (Like chocolate cake!)

lauriebulson said...

Tina it looks like you are getting some good leads on gluten free recipes!