I have a new toy! It is a great creation. Definitely one I could have lived without, but I think it is just such a nifty thing. It is a spiral cutter! A friend of mine has one and uses hers all the time. She has made me a few dishes with it and I have been keeping my eye out for one ever since. Online they were running about $30-$35 and I just couldn't justify the cost for the product knowing it really isn't necessary. So imagine my excitement when I found a NICE one on clearance at Marshalls for $12!!! So far we have REALLY enjoyed it. It is so fun and so easy. I am only JUST discovering what all I can do with it, but for now we have used it for 2 things. Zuchinni Noodles for spaghettii and CURLY FRIES!!! YUM! We love them. We have probably had curly fries too often this week because it is just SO easy and fun with the spiral cutter. We love the Zuchinni noodles as well. Since I am cutting out wheat from my diet it is a great, healthy, and inexpensive alternative to spaghetti noodles. They make brown rice or corn noodles but they can get pricey. Plus, you can't beat the prep time! No boiling water or watching noodles. I was so excited to try it and actually LOVE it!

8 comments:
those zucchini noodles look really yummy!
That looks like a fun toy! I may have to start looking at Marshall's myself!
That is SO COOL! I am totally jealous and want a spiral cutter now. Do you boil the zucchini "noodles" after you have cut them, or do you eat them raw with the sauce on top????
We eat them raw. It adds a little crunch and you don't lose any of the nutrients. If you put hot sauce on top it slightly cooks a little bit anyway.
Oh, yum!!
Hubs loves vegetarian pho....the place he goes to uses green papaya in place of the noodles on the veggie version. He says it's really good, and gluten free!
wow, i am so impressed! that looks so good. what a fun new toy :)
oh, i asked sam about knowing that missionary in australia that you mentioned, & he couldn't remember anyone by that name. ah well.
that looks so good!!! you are quite the chef! so healthy too :0) id like to come to your house for dinner!
Looks delicious. I just found out my neighbor is allergic to wheat and dairy, so that would be fun to have a this for dinner with her. Way to stay healthy Tina! You are amazing!
Post a Comment