So, this really isn't
FOOD or
COOKING...but it is related and I was pretty excited about finding out about it. I've always wanted to wash my produce better than I have been and commercial produce washes are all so expensive. So I was pretty excited when I found out about this home made recipe. I think it works great! I keep the spray bottle right under the sink for fast easy access. I wash a lot of my produce now before it even goes in the fridge after grocery shopping. Just don't prewash produce that will breakdown or go bad faster like berries, lettuce, mushrooms, etc. Our system is that if it is in the fridge and not in it's original store bag than it has been washed. ANYWAY, I'm rambling so here is the recipe. MAKE SURE you follow the direction about using a deep container or you will have a mini volcano overflowing! :O) Enjoy!
Produce Wash Recipe
1 Cup water
1 Cup vinegar
2 Tbs baking soda
2 Tbs lemon juice
Directions:
~ Mix ingredients in deep container (there will be fizzing from the baking soda and vinegar.
~ Pour into clean spray bottle.
~ Spray vegetables and fruit generously.
~ Let sit for a few minutes then rinse off well.
1 comment:
Great idea, Tina! Thanks!
Post a Comment