Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween at our house...

THE PRINCESS
  It was all about the princess this year!  Charlie-Marie dressed as a beautiful princess in pink. (Thanks Mookie!).  She was honestly the star of the night at our trunk-r-treat at church on Saturday.  As you will see in videos she had a HUGE gathering of women and grandmothers all surrounding her and laughing at her first experience with candy...a delicious lollipop.  It was so fun!  I dressed up as her fairy god-mother, although that hardly matters with the glow of my princess!  We sure missed having Dan with us that night.  He would have loved it!  On the actual Halloween night we only had one knock from trick-r-treaters.  3 Ninjas.  They were cute, but that was the total of our visitors.  Not many people do the old fashioned door-to-door anymore.  Although I can't say I blame them.  Nowadays malls, grocery stores, churches, and many other safer, better lit, and reliable places are hosting trick-r-treating.
THE FIRST CANDY
After the Party
WAY past bedtime
NEEDED a bath
SUGAR HIGH!!!

7 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

what a cute little princess! she was loving that lollipop. looks like you guys had a good time :)

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the princess dress and can't believe she's big enough for candy.

When we lived in the condo we hardly got any trick or treaters and I was thinking people must not go as much also, but them we moved into our house and it's crazy how many we get. The doorbell just kept ringing and we actually ran out of candy!

mel nielson said...

I love all the ladies laughing at her :) Man, she was really attacking that sucker! I loved your costume as the fairy godmother :)

J said...

So cute.

Rachael said...

Love that dress. It has me wanting to say "Make it Pink! Make it Blue! Make it Pink!" (my favorite part of that movie. What a doll.

We got a few trick or treaters- but too many of them were old. That's just creepy.

Elisa said...

Oh, she is such a cutie. I don't think trick-or-treating is as big a deal as it used to be. We only had 5 trick or treaters.

Graham said...

That is an awesome Halloween costume, so pretty and it looks so well made, unlike a lot of them now-a-days. I am saying "now-a-days" I must be old! lol. Anyway, looks like you had a fun Halloween with your little pumpkin. :)