Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"This Economy"

There are a lot of things "this economy" has been or not been for a lot of people.  Many are struggling.  For many this economy has been a trial and hardship.  All of us can feel it or see it at times.  I feel so very blessed and thankful for our situation when so many friends around us struggle.  Dan and I have been very blessed during these times with Dan's steady job that allows our needs to be met and allows me to stay home with our daughter.  That alone is a blessing and a dream I had always hoped for.  Now, we are receiving another great blessing.  We are buying a house!!!  Sadly, our great blessing and fortune is coming from another's misfortune.  But were it not for this misfortune or "this economy" as it is in our area today, we would not have the privilege to by our first home.  I didn't expect this day to come this soon, but next Monday (as long as all goes well), we will be closing on our first house.  I am one blessed girl, and I know it.  I am so thankful for all the blessings that I have.  I did not do the "thankful" days of November as many did, but I am reminded everyday when I look at my family,  as I breathe, as I realize my freedoms to believe as I choose, make my own choices, to not live in fear of my life, to be fed, clothed, and have a home.  Truly I am blessed.  I thank my Heavenly Father for all of these blessings and so many more!

11 comments:

Kate Nally said...

That is so exciting!!! How fun and grown up to be a home owner :) I hope you post a few pictures when you get settled in!

SSToone said...

Very exciting! That must feel a little weird buying a foreclosure or short sale (whichever) but you are revitalizing the housing market by decreasing the inventory. I think it's a great opportunity! :) You should give us more information, we'd love to see the listing or pictures!

Rachael said...

Awesome news and congratulations! Our home was a foreclosure too. I felt bad until the neighbors told us how happy they were to see the previous owners gone- with their drug habits. Congrats! I hope we'll see pictures soon!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

what an exciting day for you! we hope you do a virtual tour!!! We love you guys!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, hooray!!! Congratulations. :-)

Yes, short-sales and foreclosures feel awkward...but you're doing something for someone, who can't afford where they're living. I guess. Or for their banks. Whatever. :-p

Megs said...

Hooray for owning a home on the cheap! We just bought ours from a drug dealer who was desperate and going to jail...

mel nielson said...

Merry Christmas to you!

david and crystal said...

Congrats Tina! What a blessing. David and I hope to make an opportunity of these times as well when the time is right. Your parents told me about your new place. AWESOME!
I miss you Tina! I appreciate your good attitude and your gratefulness. I feel the same. We've been very blessed during such hard times with a good, steady job as well and all of our needs are taken care of as well. I really feel amazed that out of all the people in the world, I've been blessed with my wonderful circumstances. Christmas is a good time to share what we have with others. Love you Tina!

J said...

I am excited to see picts of your house. How exciting.

Melissa said...

Wow, that is so exciting! I didn't even know you guys were looking. I felt a little bad walking through all the short sale/foreclosed on houses also (pretty much everything we saw was one of those) but I feel so blessed to have our house.

I can't wait to see pictures!!

Amy Nielson said...

yay, how exciting!! congrats new homeowners :) hope to see pictures of the new place soon.