Thursday, May 31, 2012

I've Lost That Bloggin' Feelin'


Don't get me wrong, I WANT to blog.  I enjoy it and I often think, "Oh, I'm going to have to blog about this" or "This would make a good blog post"  or "this picture is DEFINITELY going on the blog" but does it happen?  Obviously not.  The same has gone with reading blogs.  I go to my blog roll and see all the updates of my family and friends, but instead of clicking on them and reading I feel tired and close the computer.  I don't know what my deal is.  How can you really want to do something but just never do it.  I'm still figuring it out.  I have so many posts I want to do and I have so many blogs I want to catch up on, but I just can't seem to get going again.  So to my blogger friends.  How do you do it?  How are you motivated?  Where can I start again?  I know this sounds crazy that you would need motivation to do something you WANT to, but I'm curious what gets you on your computer and typing and reading?

4 comments:

Rachael said...

When I'm on it, I can write a paragraph and post a picture in 20 minutes- not much, but it keeps me in the habit. The habit I need to return to. :)

Lana said...

I am in the same kind of funk. Let me know when you find out the secret to staying motivated blogging.

Megs said...

Figure out the best time of day for you, when your brain is feeling "on", then give yourself a time limit. It helps if the babies are otherwise engaged (use nap time, or enlist Dan's help). The time limit helps keep you focused, whether you're reading others' blogs, or writing your own posts. Sometimes if I'm struggling, I'll edit and post pictures in one session, then save the writing for when I'm feeling more inspired. If the inspiration never comes, I just add a lame caption and a date, and call it done. It's better than nothing!

Colleen said...

I completely know what you are talking about...and it is time consuming to keep up on it. But, my motivation is my mom. I think my family are the only people that even read my blog but they all keep on me about when the next post is coming. So I do it for them. And I guess I know I will appreciate it in the long run. But my best advice is... I keep it simple. Short and sweet. Hope that helps and by the way, I love reading your posts, so I hope they continue!