Monday, July 23, 2012

I Made It Monday: BEST-EVER Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Ok, these are not exactly among the healthier recipes I have tried from pinterest, but these are hands down the BEST chocolate chip cookies I have ever made and I have to share.  I like my cookies soft for longer than just the cooling period, but I've never been able to achieve it...until now.  I could go on about how wonderful they are, but I think you should just make them yourself and find out.  I'm not much of a baker, but these aren't too hard to mess up.  The only suggestions I have are first to make SURE you mix the dry ingredients well (as with all baking).  Once I did not do so well and we got nice nasty bites of baking soda.  Second, make the cookies the suggested size.  I tried to make them bigger and they were so soft and chewy they would fall apart when you picked them up.

JUST ENJOY THEIR INCREDIBLE DELICIOUSNESS!!!  And be careful, they are VERY addictive!

BEST-EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 Cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 Cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Cup chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color.  Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix together dry ingredients separately (flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt).  Then mix in with the
wet ingredients.  Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Using standard-sized cookie scoop or Tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for
8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than 10 minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.


1 comment:

Camari said...

Yum! I'm always looking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)