(as I sit alone on the computer in a quite house at 8pm with BOTH babies asleep at the same time and both the cable and Pinterest not working and Dan gone and the house isn't in total disarray so all my usual distractions from blogging are not present...how is that for a run on sentence, hmm?)
* VERY PINTERESTING:
I LOVE Pinterest*. I know Pinterest has been getting a bad rap lately. I've heard a lot about how Pinterest is one more way for women to feel like they are not good enough, perfect enough, creative enough, etc. Or I hear about how it is a waste of time on things that will never come to fruition. BUT for those lacking in the creativity department (or maybe just lacking in original ideas, but great at copy catting...can I say that), like me, it is GREAT! Of course I pin way more than I can actually ever do or try...at least not for a long time. BUT, I get the greatest ideas that excite me to improve my cooking, beautify my home, create something fun/cute/lovely, focus on my parenting, try something new, inspire, and so much more. I have DONE so many things I have discovered from Pinterest. Also, for those of us who are very easily sidetracked, it is nice to be able to pin and categorize so I can actually go back to it and refer to ideas as events, holidays, and projects come up. I can respect that it isn't for everyone, but it is great for me and I get a lot of joy out of it. I personally don't see a pin of the perfect outfit, or a dream vacation, a delectible dish or a re-purposed bookshelf and think, "I suck". I think, "OH The possibilities! OH The POTENTIAL of me!"
(*Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse boards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. A pin is an image added to Pinterest. A pin can be added from a website using the Pin It button, or you can upload images from your computer. Each pin added using the Pin It button links back to the site it came from. -Pinterest Pinning 101)
(*Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse boards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. A pin is an image added to Pinterest. A pin can be added from a website using the Pin It button, or you can upload images from your computer. Each pin added using the Pin It button links back to the site it came from. -Pinterest Pinning 101)
* THE PIANO GUYS: I don't know if any of you have heard of them, but there is a group of men with a Youtube channel and they call themselves The Piano Guys. There is actually only one of them that plays the piano, the others are a cellist, music producer, and videographers. Their ambition is to inspire the world with the talents given them. Their website says, "ThePianoGuys
love what they do -- and it shows. At the end of the day, they are
ordinary guys that love their families and that thank God for the
opportunity they have to do what they love". They are famous for taking their instruments (especially grand pianos)
and video equipment to unbelievable places. I am truly inspired and in love with their work. Their work ranges from inspiring, beautiful, moving, to light-hearted, funny, and whimsical. I've always loved the cello. There is something so romantic, moving, sexy, and sweet about its pure sounds. Put it together with some exceptional creativity, amazing scenery, and incredible music and you can't get much better. Dan and I love to hook the laptop up to our tv and just listen to and watch song after song. We love to scoop up the kiddos and dance to them too. Family Dance Party at the Brewers with ThePianoGuys!
Their Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianoguys?feature=results_main
Their Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianoguys?feature=results_main
This is the first song/video of theirs that I ever saw from ThePianoGuys:
This is an example of some of their funny ones
* Skype/Webcam: Technology truly is amazing. It is amazing to me how it seems to make this immensely vast earth and all the millions upon millions of people who live on it seem a little smaller. Thanks to the amazing webcam and skype we have been able to not only talk with, but see family over 3,000 miles away. And with our mobile laptop they have joined us for dinner, story time, and in every room in our house. I think it has even made it into the bathroom (probably for a tour or something cute happening during Charlie's bath time, not for anything inappropriate mind you)! Charlie loves to see all of her Grandparents whom she loves so much on the computer. She loves to show off her talents and toys. She loves to see her cousins, which hasn't happened much, but I would like it to happen more often. The only trick is the time difference. We are just off enough from the majority of our family that it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. But I am happy for what we get and I always find myself thinking I should do this more.

No comments:
Post a Comment