Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More than a century!

This is my Great-Grandma Bulson. She turned 103 in August. Last time I saw her was 3 years ago when all the family gathered in Michigan for her 100th birthday. I remember sitting at her kitchen table with Dan and just listening to her talk about her perspective on different historical events she had lived through (well, historical to me). It was really amazing to listen to her stories. I don't think before than I had ever appreciated just what it meant to be able to listen to her and glean some life lessons. I have fond memories of visiting her and her home growing up. I remember her dogs, her garden, her basement, and property. I remember her showing me photographs. She had this one cat - He may still be alive, but as long as I can remember he has always hid behind the tub and hissed whenever anyone got near - even when I went back 3 years ago! Anyway, I just wanted to pay a tribute to a woman that has made my life possible and contributed to who I and my family are.

2 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

Wow Tiny! That is amazing! Seriously, what a wonderful experience to have sat and listened to your great grandma! I hope she has 20 years left in her!
Love you guys!
brandi

Brew Crew said...

I told you that "I HOPE YOU LIVE TO BE A HUNDRED" really works. Keep singing that to me. I love you Tiny. Mook