Paid Time Off
Ever since I entered the working world I have never held a full-time position in which I qualified for the benefit of accruing and having paid time off. Today, work was unusually slow. Only 6 surgeries to come back and 2 GI procedures. I had already sent one GI home and I was getting the second one ready to go as well. EVERYONE was scheduled to work so my boss was trying to get people to go home. I waited, thinking all the long-timers would get first dibs, but very few volunteered. So I offered to go home (such a sacrifice - sit at work and do nothing - or do whatever I want at home). She was glad, then looked at a paper and said, "Your 3 months of observation are up - you can use your PTO that you've earned if you want." I have in the last 3 months accrued 36 hours of PTO and when we move I'm sure I will have plenty that I will not get to use (Most days we are way too busy at work to ever get PTO approved).
SO, here I sit, getting paid to check my email, blog, shop, and whatever I want.
I LOVE IT!
Ever since I entered the working world I have never held a full-time position in which I qualified for the benefit of accruing and having paid time off. Today, work was unusually slow. Only 6 surgeries to come back and 2 GI procedures. I had already sent one GI home and I was getting the second one ready to go as well. EVERYONE was scheduled to work so my boss was trying to get people to go home. I waited, thinking all the long-timers would get first dibs, but very few volunteered. So I offered to go home (such a sacrifice - sit at work and do nothing - or do whatever I want at home). She was glad, then looked at a paper and said, "Your 3 months of observation are up - you can use your PTO that you've earned if you want." I have in the last 3 months accrued 36 hours of PTO and when we move I'm sure I will have plenty that I will not get to use (Most days we are way too busy at work to ever get PTO approved).
SO, here I sit, getting paid to check my email, blog, shop, and whatever I want.
I LOVE IT!
3 comments:
That is awesome!! I hope you enjoyed your day!!
Now if moms could get PTO....that would be sweet!
Congrats! PTO is a wonderful thing...you deserve it! PS thanks again for providing great recipe ideas all the time, we've tried a few and really enjoy them...you're the best!
Post a Comment