Today Dan and I went to my Dr.'s Appointment and got to hear our baby's heartbeat!!! It was amazing!!! A strong healthy 170 beat per minute heart! It was kind of hard for her to find it over my heartbeat - she said I didn't weigh enough or have enough "cushion" yet to not pick up my pulse. But she did and I am so glad. It has suddenly made this all so much more real and exciting! And I am so glad Dan was able to go to work late and join me.
Then I went to work for a whopping 3 hours and ate lunch. I got a phone call from Dan that they got let off early from class and a group was going to see transformers 2 and I was excited to join them. I thought the movie was ok. Nothing like the first (few sequels are). And I was a little disappointed by the language and innuendos through the entire movie. The language was actually pretty bad. The only other problem was there was a LOT of movement shots and a lot of circular camera shots spinning around which I had to look away for fear of motion sickness - Luckily we weren't sitting TOO close. BUT I was happy to get to see a movie in the theatre (its been a while) and be with Dan.
6 comments:
What a great day! I've heard that being, um, uncushioned, can help give a super clear ultrasound.
What the heck? You're pregnant?!Wow! Where have I been?!
Congratulations! Your lives will NEVER be the same. And your hearts will grow bigger and bigger every single day from here on out. :o)
oh my gosh you guys! this is one of the best days of pregnancy. hearing that little heartbeat, and knowing that this sweet baby relies on you for everything right now. what a fun adventure.
love you!
sis
oh!I am currently making the beloved Brewer "ulf" face. Kisses to the three of you. Mooks
That is so much fun!
YAY! Hearing the heartbeat for the 1st time make all that morning sickness (more like day sickness) all worth it! I loved that moment! Congrats!
Post a Comment