Monday, November 23, 2009

I Made It Monday: Orange Chicken-crockpot

(I forgot to take a picture until we were almost done)
This is a super-duper easy version of orange chicken. Definitely not the best one out there (even though Dan loved it) BUT if you happen to have some orange soda, and not much else it works and it is still tasty. It is SO easy and is just plopped into the crockpot so there is practically no prep work beside measuring and placing into the crockpot. Well, except for the rice you serve it over - but I have a rice cooker so again - easy peasy! Dan really liked it. I thought it was good, but my piece was a little dry in some parts. Dan's was really moist - not sure why. But it is fast and easy. And I loved the sauce on my rice!

Orange Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can or 12 oz of orange soda (I bought one of those little 50 cent ones outside the grocery store so I could try this recipe)
1/2 cup soy sauce (I think I used just slightly less, because I always think it is too powerful in most recipes that call for this much)
Hot cooked rice

~ Place all ingredients except rice in slow cooker
~ Cover; cook on LOW 5-6 hours
~ Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Renee Richins said...

This sounds really good. I'll have to try it. I'm always looking for new and easy recipes.