I can't believe I am 30 weeks! Just 10 weeks to go! 70 Days on the ticker. It has been so fun the last few months to feel good and to enjoy being pregnant and feeling and seeing the baby inside. I am continually amazed when I watch her move - I sit and watch for long periods of times when she is really active. I have been feeling great, but I can feel some of the discomforts of my ever increasing size creeping in. I loose my breath much faster, I use about 7 pillows to sleep, I've had a little bit of heartburn now and then, and sometimes I just feel so tight and full. But for now the excitement of the ever approaching D-Day is an "I am so excited but I can wait till it happens; let it take its course" as opposed to being so uncomfortable that I think, "I CAN'T wait to have this baby". Don't get me wrong, I am SO EXCITED to meet our little girl, but Dan and I are enjoying this pregnancy time too!It was fun to visit family recently in Seattle and share this period of the pregnancy with them. Living so far away I sometimes feel sad that they can't see and be apart of each phase or aspect, so it meant a lot to me to have that time.
Eating has been wonderful! I still have NOT taken for granted how wonderful it is to eat and enjoy food again - perhaps I never will. Can I just say I LOVE doughnuts! My weight has been steadily increasing with a total weight gain of about 14lbs. I weigh more now than I ever have in my life!
My belly circumference has grown 11'' since we found out I was pregnant. It is all fun and exciting. My belly-button is now non-existent. It is just a flat star shape in the middle of my belly. At my last Dr. appointment Dr.Graham was trying to feel for it to gauge my growth and could not find it over my shirt.
Speaking of that last appointment - I survived the test for gestational diabetes. I had to go a few hours without eating, than drink this concoction that seemed like slightly watered down orange flavored cough syrup, wait one hour, than have my blood drawn. It wasn't so bad at first, but by the end of the drink I was feeling a little sick and just sat very still and quiet for the next hour. I made it and there is no gestational diabetes noted. Whew! I'd hate to have to do the 3 hour test!
I also I have started new Prenatal vitamins in the last few weeks - My Dr. in San Angelo put me on Neevo which is typically prescribed for high-risk pregnancies or people who cannot absorb folic acid, but she gave the option for all her patients since it seemed to cause the least amount of nausea, decrease uncomfortable digestive/elimination symptoms of pregnancy, and the nutrients are more easily absorbed in the body than other vitamins. I loved it. NOW, my Dr prescribed a new version called Neevo DHA which is a gel-capsule (MUCH easier to swallow), and has DHA added (which is an omega-3 fatty acid which is supposed to be great for mom and baby), and it makes me feel great! The cost is more than if I were to just stick with generic, but I love how I feel on it and that makes it worth the cost!I have done a lot more with The Pink Kit (The birthing skills prep I mentioned in my last prego update). I really like it. I am not finished with it and of course I have nothing to compare it to yet but I really like how it is rather simple and straightforward information that has helped me feel a little more prepared, gives me a positive outlook and skills to use, and put a few fears at ease. I really like how it gives good instruction to your coach or partner. Dan and I will go through it together as soon as I get through it the first time. I've been taking my time lately.
Well, that is the update for now. WOW! That was much more than I had planned on saying. Time is ticking, slower at some moments than others, but I'm sure it will fly by as the holiday season approaches!
9 comments:
Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you!! You look adorable, too! I hope you and Dan have a great time with the rest of the pregnancy. Enjoy the quiet while you can!;)
What a fun update! I'm so happy you are feeling good:o) I totally understand about not having time to get together. When you only see your family every once in awhile it is impossible to see all of your friends when you come home to visit. I remember from when we were living in Utah. Trips home just flew by. You look great! 10 weeks is going to fly by with the holidays coming up. I'm so excited for you. You are going to be such a wonderful mommy!
I'm so excited for you! I had so much fun seeing you. I wish I would have got to hand out with you and Sarah also (it's too bad that didn't work out). Next time I see you, you'll have your little girl!!
You are just too darn cute! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.
You are so cute! I hope enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Isn't feeling them move around inside the best!
You look great! Yeah, the diabetes test is no fun, but I can say I survived the three hour one. They found out that all that sugar makes my blood sugar go really high, then plummet quickly. Just confirming my hypoglycemic tendencies. It really was just super boring and no fun to be poked that many times. This is a fun time for the next like 6 weeks, then you become more uncomfortable! Enjoy all the movement!
We are very excited for you and your baby girl on the way. How exciting! We hope all continues to go well with you!
Horray!! You are on the downhill part of the pregnancy. I can't believe you have only gained 15 pounds. You really are "Tina Tiny." I think I would gain between 50 and 60 lbs during my pregnancies. Yikes, I know.
The prenatals vits. are great. I took them long after the pregnancy was over and even after I was done nursing. They always made my hair grow nice and long. I felt better with those vitamins too.
Good luck with the last 10 weeks.
Look at your cute little belly!!! I don't think that I have said congrats yet. I love checking on your blog to see how you are doing and what you are cooking up for me to copy. Keep it coming!
Post a Comment