
AHHHH! Look at the time! It is going so slow and yet so fast. December went...I don't know where, but if went fast. Maybe because I was sick half of it and just kind of existed during that time. Well, we are 37 weeks today so we are having a full term baby. 3 more weeks to our due date, but I think things might happen sooner than that (but I'm not resting all my hopes on that, that's just what I think).
Today was our first appointment to be "checked". I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, which the doctor said could mean absolutely nothing since I could spend weeks like this OR I could have the baby tomorrow. I think it is just exciting that something is happening. She has most definitely dropped - she's actually been like that a while, but I have felt more pressure this last week. At least breathing has gotten a little better. I have contractions frequently, but not regularly. They are not painful, but they are not comfortable either.
Today we had a non-stress test. Basically, they hook you up to to monitors on your belly, one to track the baby's heart rate and the second to track contractions. They said the goal was to see the baby's heart rate accelerate at least 2 times in 20 minutes - I already had "passed" in the first 5 minutes, but they had to keep it on the full time. I don't think the baby liked the monitors because she kept kicking and pushing out right at the spots where the monitors were strapped on - a little tight too. She had a great response and I had one solid contraction during it. I am so excited.
Time is ticking by and I think we are just about ready. We are waiting for just a few more things in the mail and then I'll blog about our Nursery - I LOVE IT! Also, I am having a baby shower thrown for me by the branch at church for any that might be in the area. We registered at Target which was actually kind of stressful and frustrating. Registering for our wedding was fun, but registering for baby was hard. I don't know if it is because you either have NO choice in different things or so many you don't even know where to start! Its crazy.
Well, this is the update for now. I am definitely more uncomfortable these days, but still so excited and happy to feel her everyday. We are looking forward to this year and all it brings us.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
5 comments:
I'm getting so excited for you!!!! I felt the same way about registering for a baby! I got overwhelmed when I saw how many different types of bottles and pacifiers there were! Keep us posted on how things are going!!!
37 weeks! Congrats! I can't help but feel a little jealous as I am only 31 :0) I'm excited to see pictures and find out what her name will be. You look really cute!
How exciting! I know how you feel about all the baby stuff being overwhelming--ever been in Babies R Us? It's insane! (but really useful if you can't find what you want at Target!)
Look at your belly! So cute! I am so excited for you!
You are beautiful and will make a great mom. Just remember, don't feel bad if it's harder in the beginning than you expected, I know it was for me. Also my 2nd unsolicited piece of advice ;) is to bring a journal with you to the hospital, it is such an amazing feeling when you first meet your little one, that I wrote it all down.
Post a Comment