Monday, December 14, 2009

AND POMEGRANATE BLOG CHEF CHALLENGE WINNER IS...




She really took this challenge to heart and I think she went above and beyond! There were other good suggestions of recipes sent my way, but Jalynn not only attempted a very challenging recipe, but she came up with it herself after researching several different recipes! AND she included pictures! I had not thought about pomegranate in much more than salads and desserts and expected such entries, but Jalynn's recipe was actually a main dish/entree! I am a little intimidated by this recipe, but I am going to try and attempt it one of these days! Congrats Jalynn and enjoy the reward!

For her efforts and participation Jalynn wins a family trip to Krispy Kreme for free doughnuts! I thought that would be fitting since doughnuts are currently my favorite food and
Krispy Kreme has the best!

Honorable mentions goes to my Dad for putting pomegranate seed in his salad with mixed greens (including spinach and chard still from the garden), diced asian pears and Fuji apples, poppyseed dressing and pecans. (I actually did get to taste this one when in WA and loved it!!!)

And another honorable mention to Julienne for a recipe suggestion for Pomegranate Cheesecake that looked pretty scrumptious (here)!

Thanks to all who participated and I hope that if I do another future BLOG CHEF CHALLENGE that more will have fun participating! In the words of Julia Childs (from the movie Julie&Julia, which I HIGHLY reccomend and LOVED!), "Do not be afraid!".

2 comments:

Jalynne said...

Thank you! Can I just say, I totally enjoyed this challenge. It gave me a reason to try things I've wanted to but never had a reason to. So, for that thanks! One of these days I will go to culinary school and learn how to do things the "right way" but for now this works. By the way that cheesecake recipe sounds delicious! I am going to have to try it, I have discovered I love pomegranate!

emilybolles said...

Sorry I forgot about this:0( I do have an awesome recipie I make every year that I can give you if you still want more ideas. It came from Sis. Leonard and Sally... and it's called Raspberry pomegranate jello salad. I can eat the entire thing all by myself. I also ordered one of those udder covers you suggested when they had the "only pay shipping" deal. It came today and I really like it. So cheap too. So thanks for the tip!