Thursday, January 7, 2010

38 Weeks and counting!

It was recently brought to my attention that my recent blog posts (save one) are all about baby or food...or both. It is true that these are the two obsessions that seem to consume my life at this time, but I promise that my very next post will be something totally unrelated to baby and food! BUT since today marks 38 weeks of pregnancy I have to update. Be sure to leave a comment or email me with your prediction of the delivery date and time - the person closest to it will get a little something! :O)We had a doctors appointment this morning. A LOT has been happening this week and I was sure I had progressed in the dilation department, but I am still at only 1 cm. BUT, I am now 70% effaced (instead of 50% from last week) AND her head is very low and nestled right in to place. The doctor even seemed surprised at how low she was. She said not to worry about only being 1 cm because it could change any time, fast or slow. I've known something was happening down there because I've had so many braxton-hicks and real contractions this week and something else happened last weekend to denote that progress is in the works, but it isn't something you post on a blog, so if you really want to know you can email or message me, but writing it here would definitely count as TMI (too much information).

I'm really feeling good, but because she has dropped so much there are some resulting discomforts. Baby's head is often right on a bundle of nerves which make it hard to walk (its really pathetic looking sometimes). Breathing is so much better, but trips to the bathroom have increased (as if they weren't enough before). Another new phenomenon from her dropping is that her weight pulls and stretches the nerves on top of my tummy making the whole upper part of my belly numb (like my foot is asleep or something). But none of it is unbearable and only means D-day is that much closer so I'll take it - even the 2 days of swollen feet which is not bad compared to most women I've heard of.

She has been as active as ever and still growing. She has started this thing where she pushes her foot out as far as she possibly can out of my left side - to the point that there is no mistaking a footmark there...so much so that you can actually grab it and tickle it. She doesn't ever pull away immediately so I'm not entirely convinced she doesn't like it. BUT she always seems to know when I pull the camera out because she stops it immediately - I'll catch her one of these days.

I have definitely been nesting. I didn't think so for a while until Dan pointed out all the things I have been doing. I have just had so much energy to get the entire house and nursery ready to go. Closets, garage, nursery, bedroom, guest room are all ready to go. Diapers are all prewashed and ready to go (did I ever mention we are doing cloth? I will save that for another day), carseat is installed, stroller set up. Baby clothes organized, washed, counted, and put away. Hospital bags packed, a few freezer meals in the works (our freezer is pretty small so there isn't too much I can do there), and MUCH...MUCH More. Our house is the cleanest and most organized it has been since we've been married.Dan caught me working on a closet

Well, we are SO excited. Coworkers of Dan's keep telling him that, "Your life is going to change forever man" (and not in a positive tone), but we are ready for that change, we want that change, and welcome it with open arms. We are ready and waiting for our little girl and cannot wait to hold her and look at her. It is so amazing! The countdown is on and she could realistically come any time, but I'd like to make it to my baby shower on Saturday which I'm sure I'll be able to do. My guess is in the next week. What is yours?

18 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

january 11th, 3:45 a.m., 7lbs, 6 oz

Megs said...

Sounds like she'll come at any minute! I'm guessing you'll have a baby by Sunday.

Leslie said...

you seriously look fake! it looks like you have a basketball stuffed up your shirt. I can't believe it is a baby!!!
my guess is Jan 13th at 11am
i want to hear more about the cloth diapers. when and if i ever have a baby, I think i want to do cloth as well, but i don't know anyone who has ever used them....

Amy Nielson said...

I predict Jan. 16th at noon. Sorry, but I think you have at least another week!!

Oh, and as for the topics of your blog, Sam gives me a hard time too and says my blog "used to be" interesting. I say it's YOUR blog and you can write about whatever is on YOUR mind :-D I love the pregnancy and food updates! (Maybe it's because I'm prego and always hungry though...??)

mel nielson said...

Cloth diapers?! You're a better woman than me :) I'm gonna throw the 11th out there too, and I'm guessing your baby girl is gonna be in the high sixes for weight... good luck!

Maria said...

You are so adorable!!! I am guessing Monday am early. Are you you using traditional cloth diapers or fuzzy buns? The fuzzy buns rock. Way to go little Mama!

Sarah said...

I was going to guess the 13th, but since Leslie beat me too it I am going to say the 14th! Good Luck! You are SO cute and the life change is amazing! I can't think of a better life change than a baby! You two will be great parents! Keep me updated!

emilybolles said...

I am going to guess Saturday night sometime. So that way you'll be able to go to your shower:0) And yes your lives are going to change forever, but definitely for the better! I'd like to send you a gift email me your address.

emilybolles said...

I am going to guess Saturday night sometime. So that way you'll be able to go to your shower:0) And yes your lives are going to change forever, but definitely for the better! I'd like to send you a gift email me your address.

Melissa said...

I'm going to predict Sunday so that you can go to the shower. I'm so excited fo you guys! (I know I've said it before, but everytime I read another post, I get excited for you all over again). I can't believe your belly! The rest of you is still so tiny.

J said...

Jan 11th in the morning. And as for the thing that you didn't disclose, is it the m. p.?

Jenn H. said...

The funny thing while reading this is noticing for like the first time that I had the same due date as you with Grant. (3 years ago) He was born on the 8th which I could only wish for you but probably not since you just had your appointment. Anyway maybe the 15th, Tyler's birthday, one week from today in the afternoon!!!! I am so excited for you and hope that you are doing well!!!

Tina said...

Yes Julienne. That is it!

david and crystal said...

Oh Tina and Dan!!!!
I'm so excited for you and find myself smiling while I'm reading all your updates! I feel just the same toward our little boy. Sounds like you are really close. I would guess Tuesday, January 12 you start labor and have the little sweetheart Wednesday morning at 3:12 am. Oh my goodness, your baby will be in your arms soon!!!!! It is so amazing how everything works out and the love you can feel! I wish you the best of luck! Everything will turn out just fine! Sounds like she is just as anxious to come meet her parents as you are to meet her face to face.
We love you Tina!

Graham said...

I guess the 15th in the early evening. YAy! I am hoping for an easy delivery for you, especially for your first! :)

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

I'll go with January 17th. Only because that's my mom's birthday and no one is guessing so late. Good luck, can't wait to see her!

Elisa said...

Any day now huh? Yay!!!!! Good Luck. It will all go great for you I'm sure! For your sake I'm going to say that she is going to come tonight the 11th.

lauriebulson said...

Wow the picture by the closet does look like a basketball stuck up your shirt. And that is after it dropped? I am still sticking to the 15th at 11:59 PM for delivery. You were born at 11:59 PM too. And I love your food blog. BTW I am eating peanut butter and chocolate moosetracks.