Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby Shower!

Saturday the ladies in my branch at church threw me a baby shower. It was so wonderful. The food was absolutely scrumptious and I felt so very loved and spoiled. I have really grown attached to my little family at church here. I feel like this is my nitch, that this is where I am meant to be at this time -
and it feels GREAT!

They made a "diaper cake" made out of rolled up disposable diapers and decorated it with all kinds of fun things and trinkets. Little plastic babies and pink teddy bears, a glass slipper, roses, bows, baby spoons, a onesie, a bib, a wand, a little pink hand puppet pony, socks, and more! It was so cute and SO CREATIVE! (click on the photo to get a bigger picture)
They played a game where everyone guessed my girth then they measured my belly, then we just ate and talked for a while. Last, I got to open presents and was blown away at the thoughtfulness and generosity of these women. Again, I felt so very loved! Some highlights of gifts were a few adorable outfits, some super soft blankets and swaddling, and a little sleeper bed thing that you can put in your big bed so baby can sleep there and not get rolled on or have pillows or blankets fall over her. I thought that was pretty neat! There was so much more and I had so much fun! I can't wait to use it all for our little baby girl!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! I just saw your post on our blog and then got to yours! You look fabulous and I can't believe your little baby is going to be here so soon! I briefly looked at your blog and saw that you are going to cloth diaper! That is so awesome. We do-most of the time-but haven't started much with Ethan. I'd love to hear what your plan is for it and what diapers and what not if you happen to be board before baby's arrival (if she hasn't already come!)

you can e-mail me... sldberget@hotmail.com when, if you feel like it. Hope you are doing well (minus the woes of the end of pregnancy)

Melissa said...

That looks wonderful! I wish I could have been there. Less then a week until your due date. Since my previous prediction has already passed, my new one is next Tuesday.

mel nielson said...

I'm glad those ladies are taking good care of you! And any excuse for a party with food and gifts... I'll take it! :)

david and crystal said...

You deserve all the sweet things in the world! I'm glad you and the baby were celebrated for all your hard work and growth! It is nice to know you have a ward family backing you up with love and support!