Monday, March 1, 2010

We've Made It Monday: Baby Nursery

Well, I'm only kind of back to blogging. This was a post I had started in December so I only have to add a few things to be able to post. It seems like Charlie knows when I get on the computer and just won't have it, or I'm eating or sleeping. I'm rarely on for more than 10 minutes. I am behind on reading blogs I love to follow and on emails. Oh well, I'm sure the day will come again and I am really enjoying my little angel and cherishing this time.

Just for the heck of it, here are some pictures of Charlie-Marie. She is changing so fast!

So, on to the original post...
Preparing a nursery for our little one has been so fun! I had a lot of help from the grandmothers, Dan and even the sister missionaries. When I was in WA last I found this set of fabrics that I fell in love with. With the help of my mom we made crib sheets, a dust ruffle, and window valances. It was really fun to make it together. A great memory! And the colors and prints just make me SO happy! This set is so much better than anything I could find in stores with such pale and pastel colors. Not to mention more affordable. I'm in love with it!
This is the quilt my mom made for the bed. The brown side is a super soft fleece type material. We have loved snuggling in it with Charlie-Marie.
Since we are renting and cannot paint or wallpaper to change a room I got the idea to put a border up by using ribbon and fake flowers I happened to have that perfectly matched the bed set. With Dan and the Sister Missionaries help we got it all tacked up (since these pictures were taken I have painted the white tacks to match the ribbon. I took the flowers apart and hot glued tacks into them so they can be removed or moved easily. I think it adds so much to the room. I love it!
Thanks to Grandma Mookie we have the BEST EVER rocking chair and changing table. I love, love, love my chair. It is so soft and can fully recline! I have even slept in it a few times! I knew I wanted a really great chair and this one is perfect! I made the boucle pillow case (don't look too close at the zipper portion - it is DEFINITELY novice work.
I also did a little touch to the lamp to match the room border.
Most of the walls are still a little barren, but we have of course a picture of Christ and then I took some of the material from the baby quilt with the animals and did some detail with colored threads and stuffed some cotton behind some of the animals to give it depth. WAY more work than anyone will ever see or appreciate, but I enjoyed doing it and I think it is a great addition to the room.




There is still some wall space I will fill one day, but I don't want the room too busy. We love it right now and it has been a very happy, fun, and peaceful place to rock, snuggle, and care for our little one.

9 comments:

SSToone said...

Looks so beautiful - you did a fantastic job! She is such a cutie!

Melissa said...

It looks great Tina! And your little girl is so cute; I can't wait to meet her person and to give her mommy a big hug!

Colleen said...

I love what you did, it is so cute...and so is your little girl! I love that first picture!

Mei said...

I miss you Tina! Charlie is growing and she's so beautiful. I love how you used the ribbon as a border. You got so creative with this room!

Tom, Pauline, and Jacob said...

That is sooo cute. I wish I was that talented. You little girl is adorable.

J said...

Wow Tina. That is so impressive. You really put a lot of thought and work into that room and it turned out so adorably cute!! Great work. I bet you love to go in there and hang out because it is so put together.

david and crystal said...

Basically what everyone else said....it is so cute and fun! It does look like a happy, peaceful place to take a baby and enjoy those tender moments with! I hope we can move to a bigger place soon. Our baby can hardly rock in his cradle because of all the stuff we have. Baby seriously needs his own room for all his things! Tina, hope you are doing well! WE love you!

Graham said...

You are so creative! I love all of it! The print is great and it actually looks like the background for your blog. :)

Grandma H said...

So cute and creative!