Monday, July 26, 2010

6 Months!


Last Wednesday marked 6 months of life with Charlie-Marie.  What a joy it has been to watch her grow.  I keep thinking she was just born and then I realize how much time has passed.  Lately when people at church see her they comment on how big she is getting.  I didn't realize just how much until I held a friend's 5 day old baby who was the same length as Charlie and only 7 ounces more.  I held him thinking there was no way Charlie-Marie was EVER that small!  But she was!

Today was her 6 month check up and she is weighing in at 14 lbs 14.5 oz. (50th percentile!) and 25.5 in (25th percentile!).  She also got shots and this was the first time she seemed to recognize someone was causing her pain.  She did really well until that very last shot (a big one), even then she calmed down as soon as we left the room, but she had one giant tear in the corner of her eye as I watched Dan carry her out.

She is developing so fast and strong.  She is rolling, sitting, laughing, and a new development is screaming.  She loves to do short little shrieks - happy ones, but still shrieks.  She doesn't do it to get attention, she is just finding her voice and using it weather she can tell if anyone is around or not.  Sometimes I hear her in bed just shrieking, laughing, and talking to herself...or maybe her mobile friends.  She has been getting up onto all fours for a split second and just today she got right up onto her hands and knees and started rocking, I couldn't believe it!  True mobility is right around the corner and I don't think she even knows what she will be cabable of.  I do and I am thrilled and terrified!

We've been been introducing solid foods for breakfast and dinner over the last month and she is getting pretty good at eating from the spoon.  Her favorites are carrots, sweet potatoes, and peaches.  She'll even take the peaches cold.  Her least favorite is squash and peas.  I don't blame her.  I love squash and peas, but in baby food form it kind of stinks and tastes, honestly, a little nasty!

She loves to see everything, and NOTHING gets past her.  Her favorite spot lately is in our hiking backpack while I move around the house.  She loves the view and to see what I am doing or turn her head and see around the room.  She is VERY interested in our food and especially the cups that go up to our mouths.  Today we let her knaw on a mango and she LOVED it.
It is so exciting to watch her grow and I hope you enjoy reading about it too.  I feel so blessed to be her mother and witness her life.  I love her SO much!

8 comments:

Megs said...

Baby food peas always made my kids physically gag. But they love them now, so don't worry!

Momoko Photography said...

Oh my! I can't tell if she looks like you or your husband, but she's so darn cute!

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months either! She's a little doll!

emilybolles said...

Cute! Love the pictures! Baby girls are so much fun :o)

mel nielson said...

Now is when time really starts to fly, but the good news is that if you have more kids you get to do it all over again! Yesterday Hannah had Lincoln laughing, a real gut laugh, over and over again and it was still just as exciting and new as when we got Hannah to laugh like that for the first time :)

Colleen said...

She has gotten big! Those pictures are so cute. And you should know, my mom raves about her when ever you visit their ward.

J said...

Great photos.

gretchen said...

Super cute!