Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flashback to Washington Trip April 2010

I've realized there is no way to catch-up on everything I had hoped to in the last several months so I will just do flashbacks now and then as time and motivation arise.  I often think up these great, intricate, time-consuming ideas for my blog.  Then when I realize the time it would take and that it isn't realistic to accomplish I just don't blog at all, so instead of feeling pressured to blog EVERYTHING, I will blog what I can when I can.  I have been wanting to blog for a LONG time about our trip to Washington in April.  It seems so long ago, but it really wasn't.  Charlie-Marie and I flew out together then Dan joined us the last week and we all flew home together (which was so nice!).  Flying out was pretty crazy.  Not because of the baby, she was an angel, but I started to get Mastitis near the beginning of the 6 hour flight and had a fever, chills, and achiness.  The little screen in front of my seat gave an estimated time of arrival depending on our speed, wind, etc. and I kept checking it hoping time would go faster (which it never does when you watch it).   The ETA stayed at 30 minutes for an hour!  I thought I would go crazy.  BUT we made it and it made the flight home with Dan heaven.

We had an amazing time with family and a few friends.  I didn't get to see everyone I had hoped, but we did the best we could at the time.  It was so fun to introduce Charlie to some of her aunts, uncles, and even 2 cousins.  Brandi came with her two boys to Charlie-Marie's baby blessing.  It was a big sacrifice for her, but it meant so much to us.  We did a lot of firsts and Charlie loved it all.  She loves her family very much!  I think she missed all the excitement when we got home and she only had 2 admirers.  I couldn't possibly tell everything in the entire trip so I will just show pictures and hopefully they can better show how much fun we had.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

love the pictures!

and Hello Cupcake... yum. It's about 10 minutes from my house, so it's a challenge to keep it just for special occasions.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad I got to see you when you came and meet sweet little Charlie Marie. I look forward to next time you come (and I will have a little friend for her to play with).

emilybolles said...

She is beautiful! I love all the pictures. I am seriously going to have to use the flashback idea.

mel nielson said...

Looks like a great time- how nice that both of your families are in Washington! Charlie-Marie still looks like her mom!