Monday, December 29, 2008

I Made it Monday: Cross-stitch and Sweets!

It is FINALLY finished and framed!
This cross-stitch project has taken months and months! And who knows how many hours...There were times I felt like giving it up, especially since there are so many similar colors and is was large (The final size was about 10 x 13 or so inches), but I am so glad I stuck it out. There is something so satisfying about starting and finishing a very challenging project.

What I love about cross-stitch is that you make one stitch over and over again, sometimes different colors, but as you add all of those stitches and colors into a pattern you can create a full and beautiful picture. I enjoy it. My next cross-stitch project is even harder so don't expect to hear anything more about it for a VERY long time.

As far as cooking, Dan and I have been doing some Christmas baking which has been fun. One thing we came up with is that I bought some won ton dumpling wraps on sale and thought it would be fun to stuff them with different fillings and fry or bake them. The first few included bananas and chocolate sauce in the won tons and fried. The next group had the same with some whip cream added (Mmmm). The best combo however where the won tons we filled with Pomegranate, whip cream, and chocolate! SOOO GOOOD! I think I'll try them next with my sweet potato pie filling. Maybe I will try baking some so they aren't as bad (health wise). It is fun to experiment with something so easy and cheap!

8 comments:

Megs said...

Your cross-stich is amazing! I've never done anything near that big. Awesome accomplishment!

Rachael said...

Wow, that's so fantastic. THe shading and the precision that must have taken... really, it's breathtaking. Nice work!

Jenn H. said...

Your cross stitch is wonderful. I too finished a cross stitch recently it was a wedding one for my brother it was only six years late. So I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

That cross stitch is gorgeous. I have been working on a stamped cross stitch blanket off and on for years now. I am starting to think about what I want to do next.

Anonymous said...

Tina! Your cross-stitch is buuuteeeeFUL!

Rachel said...

You are so talented! I love reading your blog! And I love how creative you are with the recipes you pick! I wish I was as brave as you!

Crysler's said...

I am SO impressed!!! That looks great!

maegan said...

WOW! That is seriously awesome! Gorgeous picture!
-And I totally have left over won tons I need to use up, so THANKS for the yummy yummy ideas for fillings!