Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Seriously!?!

I was in Wal-Mart this morning, minding my own business as was everyone else around me. The beautiful Christmas music was playing in the background and I was nonchalantly browsing some items and letting my mind wander wherever it wanted. I had nothing pressing, nothing scheduled for the day, I had all the time to meander. Suddenly, about 5 feet from me came this (NOT EXAGGERATING AT ALL!!!) a truly blood curdling scream. Every hair on my body was on end and I truly, TRULY thought I was going to turn around and see a dead body on the floor. I whipped around faster than I ever thought I could move and I noticed everyone around me did the same. Ghost white faces all with the most scared and confused looks on their faces. But where was this pained and tortured body? All I saw was this Wal-Mart employee wiping her nose with a kleenex. She carelessly waved her hand at everybody and said, "Excuse me, I just sneezed". SERIOUSLY!?!!?!! I had my hand over my heart trying to keep it in my chest...and you SNEEZED!?! Some people nervously laughed and quickly wandered away. I, too, nervously laughed and told her she scared me to death. What I really wanted to say was, "Lady, you need to learn to sneeze without your mouth wide open like that!!!"...I know THAT can be prevented. Someday she's going to give someone a heart attack.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Ahh, Walmart. I don't think it's possible to go to a walmart and return without a story to tell.

J said...

LOL. I have never heard one that extreme. Crazy!

Graham said...

That is hilarious! I love Walmart. My kids don't fully appreciate it though... because they have everything I need... so it takes longer. (I can not only get groceries that I need, I can look at crafts, and movies, etc. etc. etc. ...) BTW, I wish I had some of your free time, seems like I never get done what I need to.

Rachel said...

HOLY COW! I just laughed so hard I think I might have woken Calvin from his nap in the next room! That is so funny! I wish I could have heard it! AWESOME! I agree with Rachael! You never leave a Walmart without a story to tell! Thanks for yours!