Monday, January 12, 2009

I Made it Monday: BBQ Beef Roll

This is a recipe from Mookie's kitchen. It is pretty easy and is VERY yummy! We usually keep all the ingredients stocked so there usually isn't any extra shopping required for it. With just Dan and I we always half the recipe and sometimes I use a little more or less meat mixture depending on how full I want the roll to be. If I want the edges to touch I use less, if not, I use more. We've tried it a few times adding some corn we needed to use and that turned out pretty good. We've also tried adding a little Italian sausages we needed to use up and that was good too. You can't go too wrong with this recipe.

BBQ Beef Roll
1 lb ground beef
1/4 white onion (or whatever onion I have)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (different types are fun to try)
2 cups cheddar cheese
2 rolls crescent rolls
optional: canned corn, Italian sausage, or whatever your little BBQ heart desires...

- Brown ground beef and onion
- Place crescent rolls on cookie sheet (in rectangular shape)
- Preheat oven to crescent roll directions.
- Add BBQ sauce (and corn or any extras) to the beef and onion mix.
- Spread browned meat mix on rolls
- Sprinkle cheese down the middle of the meat mix
- Fold Crescent roll to the middle of the mixture
- Bake according to crescent roll directions.

(This picture is of an exceptionally full BBQ beef roll. I used so much meat I couldn't even get the edges near each other - but we were in the mood for that - so we enjoyed it!)

2 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

That looks really yummy! The ingredients remind me of the cheeseburger pie my friend in Louisiana makes whenever we're there for a visit...I'm going to have to try that sometime soon... ;)

Jaush and Amy said...

Amy and I have this sometimes too! We love it!