Friday, January 23, 2009

An Ode To: The problem with grocery shopping while you're hungry

Today I went grocery shopping at 1:oo pm.
I had not eaten Lunch.
I went because it was on my way home from an appointment.
My stomach was growling.
EVERYTHING looked delicious!
BUT, I resisted. I only bought what was on my list.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.
But now, I cannot get enough to eat.
No matter what I eat and prepare, it isn't what I want
...not really.
What ever it is my hunger is craving
...it's still at the grocery store.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Ha ha! I'm impressed that you even got out of there successfully! If I'm even the slightest bit hungry, by the time I'm done (especially if I have the kids and they're getting whiny) I always feel I deserve some kind of special treat...and I can't resist.

LunaMoonbeam said...

HAHAHAHA....you sound like a pregnant lafy. TOTALLY been there!

Hope you find what you're looking for!

gretchen said...

I loved this! You really captured it. Good writing!