Fiesta Chicken
1 Reynolds oven bag, large size
2 Tbs flour
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with chili seasonings (I had plain diced tomatoes so I did my own chili spice mix of chili powder, some basil, garlic powder, and thyme)
2 tsp chipped canned or fresh jalapenos (I had a can of green chilies so I used that instead)
1 can (15 oz.) Black beans, rinsed and drained (if you think far enough ahead – like the night before or earlier in the day, or even a few days before you can soak dried beans instead of using canned and you will cut down on Sodium and preservatives)
6 chicken pieces, skin removed (we had breasts and drumsticks in the mix)
1 yellow bell pepper cut up (I used green and red since that is what I had)
- then I added some cilantro to the recipe
-Preheat oven to 350° F
-Shake flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch pan.
-Add diced tomatoes, chopped jalapenos and salt to oven bag. Squeeze oven bag to blend in flour. Add black beans and chicken to oven bag. Turn oven bag to coat chicken with sauce. Arrange ingredients an even layer in oven bag; top with bell pepper.
-Close oven bag with the nylon tie; cut six ½ inch slits in top.
-Bake 45-50 minutes or until chicken is tender.
2 comments:
I am always so impressed! You are such a great cook! This recipe looks so good. I need to try it. I'm glad your move to Texas went smoothly. Good luck in your new life!
Sounds delicious, and healthy too! We'll have to try this.
Post a Comment