Dan and I had the chance to join the San Angelo tradition of the annual rodeo, put on by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. We had been told all the tickets were sold out, so we thought we would just enjoy the carnival surrounding it. We showed up 1 1/2 hours early and just thought we'd check to see if there were any more tickets. Lucky for us, there were just a few tickets left that they had saved for the night of. We were so excited!
Now, we had been to a rodeo in Yellowstone, but it wasn't nearly this size or level of skill. It was awesome! The only event that really gets me is the bull riding. I have to remind myself to breath, it is so nerve wracking. They are just so big and mad!
Why would anyone really want to sit on top of that!?
The best part of the event was the Mutton busters. They get little kids under 50 pounds to ride sheep...actually cling for dear life on a sheep and see how far they can get before they fall off. It sounds awful - hooking a kid up to a sheep, letting it take off, and calling it fun...but it was.
Should I feel bad about that? (The kids did volunteer)
Why would anyone really want to sit on top of that!?
The best part of the event was the Mutton busters. They get little kids under 50 pounds to ride sheep...actually cling for dear life on a sheep and see how far they can get before they fall off. It sounds awful - hooking a kid up to a sheep, letting it take off, and calling it fun...but it was.
Should I feel bad about that? (The kids did volunteer)
This kid won by the way...

2 comments:
Looks like fun! I've lived in rodeo country for over 7 years now, and I've never been to one. The closest I've been is riding a mechanical bull.
I went to the rodeo once, but it looks like you guys had so much more fun. We were up in the Box seats and you couldn't really see much.
Post a Comment