Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I TRIED Tuesday

Well, not every Monday can be a success!


In the above picture I attempted to make shortbread thumbprint cookies. I don't know what happened. I followed the recipe exactly - except I used different jam which I didn't think would make a difference. These cooked longer than the recipe said and still weren't done! For some reason they wouldn't keep their shape and the Jam wouldn't melt! (except for the jam that came completely off the cookie and melted on the pan...leaving me a fun mess to scrape off!)

5 comments:

Megs said...

I love thumbprint cookies! I've never used shortbread, I just use a sugar cookie recipe, and I flatten them with sugar before putting the thumbprint in. That's wierd that the jam didn't melt though--what kind was it?

Jena said...

ooh! I love those cookies! It's really fun to see your "Made it Mondays"...is that something you and your friends came up with?

LunaMoonbeam said...

oh wow, sweetie...did you put thumbprints in???

They look tasty, anyways!!

Mexico Brewers said...

Hey! I heard you have really bad allergies Tina! I know how that is! Hawaii was awful for me!! I take Chlortrimeton an OTC that is great if you can find it in 12 hour. I hope this helps! (it is really hard to find though and I usually have the pharmacy order it for me!)

ray-ray says said...

i had no idea what these were supposed to be until you said so. ;)

it's the worst when something you make doesn't turn out.