Monday, April 27, 2009

I Made it Monday: Baked Corn Casserole

This is a recipe I got from my Mom. I always loved it when she made it so I finally got the recipe from her before we moved. We love it; especially when we have chili or something like that. It makes me a little homesick sometimes, but it is nice to have a little reminder of home now and again. I have discovered that the sour cream makes all the difference. Most recently I tried fat free sour cream - and it was good, but not quite as good as the good stuff! I often double this recipe for bigger groups. It is also very easy! Just remember 1 and then the ingredients.

Baked Corn Casserole:
1 can whole kernel corn - drained
1 can creamed corn
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg
1 stick of margarine
1 - 8 oz. of sour cream
opt - 1 can of green chilies

Mix well and pour into an 8x8 greased pan/baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: