I'm SHAPING up!
Ok, I know all my recent posts have been about baby/pregnancy. I guess that is pretty much what consumes my life right now. So sorry if it is boring to you. I promise I will do something different soon. I may even manage an I Made it Monday. I've been cooking just a little bit again, but I haven't ventured to try anything new yet. We'll see.So, we are at the half-way mark! YEAH! (well, assuming we go the 40 weeks). Part of me is like I can't believe it is already half over and the other part is like I'm only half way there. Depends on how I'm feeling. I took for granted feeling so much better Sunday morning and did too much too fast when I got up and got ready without sitting and eating and letting my food sit for a little bit. Lets just say I regretted not taking my morning slower than I should have. Nevertheless, I feel pretty great most of the time, and it almost brings me to tears every time I smell and can eat good food - THAT will take a long time to take for granted!
We had our ultrasound last week (pictures below). I don't know how we get stuck with terrible ultrasound techs with horrible bedside manner, but as least Dan was there with me and we got to find out we're having a little girl. I have to admit I was a little shocked. I THOUGHT I had no inclinations, but I realized that early on I think I secretly wanted a girl, but didn't want to WANT either one - so I did a great job convincing myself it COULD be a boy. Then when Dan had a dream it was a boy I guess I was convinced. When the tech said is was a girl I didn't know what to think, but now I couldn't be more thrilled! We are so excited.
This is such an exciting time for us, and to add on top of I can feel her move ALL the time! Even Dan can feel her now and he just gasps and laughs so amazed! Hiccups, sumersaults, kicking, and whatever else she does in there. Sometimes I think she stretches out as straight as she can because I can feel one end at the bottom side of my belly, then another end at the upper opposite side of my belly. It is an amazing experience and I'm loving it!
7 comments:
You are so adorable! Sundays are the worst for me--it's the usually the only day where I actually have to jump into action right when I wake up, and not stop until we're in the pew. By that time I'm sweaty, cranky, and can't breathe. But I'm glad you're past the worst of it! Thought of any names yet?
Oh, all this brings back so many memories. I remember once waking up and going into the kitchen and just the smell of the dirty dishes sent me running. I would nibble on little crackers all day and just felt gross. It is so nice when all of that is over.
BTW, I love your new picture and background. Seeing the beach made me drool :)
It is amaizing and i am super duper happy for you! I bet you fell every movement because you are sooo skinny!
You look so cute! I'm so happy that we can keep in touch through the blogging world:0)If you don't already have a name picked out you should ask for suggestions from your readers... A friend of mine did that and it was so fun to read all of the names people came up with.
This is my 3rd attempt to leave a comment. Hopefully I have a google account now that will work. I love the baby ticker, the new ocean photo, and your belly picture! I also love the voice in your writing; it helps me feel I am nearby. Wish I could feel it move too! Love, Mom
ooooh! I love everything about this post. You have been so patient in waiting for this baby, and you look absolutely beautiful. I love that Dan gets so excited about the baby kicking. Love you guys!
You look like you've popped even more since I saw you; your baby bump is so cute! Feeling the baby move is my favorite part of pregnancy. I am so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment