As a last resort I applied for a labor and delivery nurse position (not that I would hate it, but it isn't where I wanted to start), but checked the box that other departments could see my application. Not 30 minutes later I got a call from the Surgical Manager wanting to see if I was interested in the Operating Room residency (which is 6 months long). I informed her that would be a neat experience, but that I wouldn't be there long enough to make it worth their while (plus, I actually like to talk to the patients). Somehow she was very impressed with me and arranged for the same-day surgery manager to interview me (an area of the hospital I am VERY familiar with - since I worked at one almost 3 years as a CNA and a Nurse Tech). The interview was literally 15 minutes long and it was like she knew she was going to hire me before she even met me.
Oh, and no matter where I have gone and interviewed, EVERYONE has been impressed with my resume...Big THANK YOU to Dad!
So, I now have an official job offer contingent on me passing the drug test - which I don't foresee being a problem. :O)
13 comments:
Congrats! That's fantastic!!!
Congratulations Tina! I am so excited for you!
Congratulations! That's got to be a huge relief :) I hope you enjoy it!
CONGRATS! Sounds like the perfect opportunity! :)
You are my best friend. You have been so patient during this process. You are an amazing woman and will make an extraordinary nurse.
Dan-o
Congratulations Tina, That is great!!
Sweet!!! hmmm, I don't know though, Tina, what about that drug test?... :) jk, CONGRATULATIONS!
Congrats Tina, sounds perfect for you. What a blessing!
Awesome! I only have a tiny bit of experience with same-day surgery, but it seems like a pretty sweet place to work (as an RN anyway; I don't recall it being much fun for us aids...). Congratulations!
Congratulations... you must be so excited to start!!! Good Luck:0)
Congrats! Your hard work has paid off.
add my tally vote: congrats! :)
Hooray! Good luck on the drug test. ;)
Post a Comment