Sunday, March 29, 2009

Four Wonderful Years!

...March 18th marks four years of a wonderful marriage to my best friend and companion! I can still remember the first time I saw Dan. I was 16 and so shy when it came to boys. It was at a stake dance at church and I noticed there was a new boy in the mix. Who was he? Was he from a different stake? He was pretty cute and any girl that danced with him was smiling and laughing the entire time. I watched him through the night - of course not daring to make eye contact- but I would always try and place myself in his line of vision, hoping he would ask me to dance. At last, the final dance of the night was announced and I thought I had lost my chance - darn being shy! Then I noticed him walking my way. The disco ball was twirling above catching all the colorful lights of the gym and throwing them around the room. The the old familiar song of "Lady in Red" began to play - a stake dance classic. He asked me to dance and I can't tell you how special I felt that he had saved the last dance for me. Our conversation may have been awkward (because of me no doubt) but all I remember was that by the time the song had ended I knew Dan was a special guy, he made me feel special, and that there was something different about Him...

...71/2 Years Later...

First Anniversary - Cannon Beach, Oregon - Camping - and Salty's
Second Anniversary - Local tourists in the Seattle Area - Downtown and
Northwest Trek

Third Anniversary - A nice dinner out and a relaxing evening at home - School was taking it's toll - we kept it simple! Then we got massages!
Fourth Anniversary - Keeping it simple again. A great dinner out and again massages! I sure don't mind that tradition.

3 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

YAYAYAY!!!! Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you are back to blogging. We have missed Uncle Dan and Aunty Tiny at our house. Dan, congrats on being exceptional in your career. Tiny, congrats on being a fabulous nurse. And, thanks for being such great friends. We love you soooo much, you little cream-of-the-croppers!

Crysler's said...

ah Lady in Red... That song made me crazy, and I actually banned it when I was on the dance commitee because I hated it so much. :-)

Brew Crew said...

Dan and Tina...One night at our home, Tina was sitting in one of my little blue and white checked chairs and I looked at her and thought...she is going to be my daughter-in-law someday. Lucky us! Blessed us! How grateful I am for that revelation but more so for the relationship we share. Miss and love you both lots! Hugs and Kisses Mooks.