Sunday, March 29, 2009

"The Gauntlet"

Dan has just made it through a portion of his training that his instructors have so compassionately entitled, "The Gauntlet". It is one of the most challenging part of his schooling (that is until the last several weeks). If people fail out, it is most often during this time period. The last several weeks Dan has spent countless hours studying, stressing, late nights at the base, and working so hard! FINALLY, he and ALL of his immediate classmates made it through. I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard! AND been happy and helpful through it all. At the end of the last test of "The Gauntlet" the instructor brought in some random gifts to honor people who had stood out or been exceptional in some form or other. Gifts were given like little balls, hats, and trinkets. Finally, the instructor pulled out the last gift, a silver pin, and explained it was for a person that has shown exceptional skill and knowledge as well as maintained a positive and helpful personality. He told Dan that he didn't have the authority, but he unofficially gave Dan the title of "Lieutenant Dan". It may sound silly, but it was an honor that he recognized Dan among some of the cream of the crop. I think he is the creamiest of that creamed crop! :O)

2 comments:

lauriebulson said...

Absolutely the creamiest! I have a very creamy son-in law. I love you too Dan!

lauriebulson said...

Dan, that means you are the best and I am so proud of you.